We were so good just a few hours ago. Heck, he proposed to me a few hours ago.

I'm so confused. We were just talking about marriage for Pete's sake. He was ready to take a plane to Vegas!

"Why are you being like this? You never act like this!" I throw my hands up.

He just rolls his eyes and ignores me.

"So you're regretting your decision of proposing to me?" I ask him. "Because that's the first thought that's coming to mind after yesterday."

He says nothing but his body tenses.

I frown, he's not denying it.

"It's okay, I get it. I wouldn't want to marry me either," I whisper somehow and go back into the room.

I yank his stupid shirt off my body and pull on one of mine with a pair of sweatpants.

"Stupid man!" I let out trying my best not to cry.

I take my phone from the nightstand and my gaze falls on the stupid ring. In frustration, I yank it from the finger but I can't make myself put it down.

I match out of the room, angrily. I don't even know what to feel.

I think about going to Karla but I don't want to disturb her. The second option is Amara but I don't want to see his cousin. My last option is Rico so I go to his room which is on the other end of the hallway.

I tentatively knock on his door. I hear a shuffling sound inside and seconds later a sleepy, shirtless Rico is standing in front of me.

"Victoria?" He frowns.

"Can I come in?" I say with my voice full of emotion.

He opens the door wider, "Where's Christian? Are you okay?"

I walk in and he closes the door.

"Victoria? You're scaring me."

I look up at him with tear-filled eyes, "he doesn't want to be with me anymore."

"What? Who, Christian?"

I nod looking down at the ring sitting on the palm of my hand.

"No that's not possible. He's crazy for you. He loves you!" He stresses. "Hell, he proposed to you just a few hours ago."

"What's what I said but he was so rude to me. He even yelled at me."

"That's not possible."

I take a seat on his bed, "I asked him if he regretted proposing to me and he ignored me. He didn't deny it at all..."

I dig my nails into the palm of my hand to stop myself from crying but I can't hold it back.

A sob breaks from my throat, "I love him so much, Rico. Why would he do this?"

Rico takes a seat next to me and pulls me to him, "he's fucking stupid, I tell you."

I pull back away from him and frantically wipe my face. "I'm not staying here, anymore."

"What?"

I stand up, sniffing. "I'm going back to the States."

"Victoria you are thinking straight right now. I think you should-"

"-he thinks he can treat me like that and get away with it? The one thing my mum drilled in my head was 'Never let a man walk over you, Tori, and never depend on anybody but yourself.' " I cut Rico off. "It seems like I've forgotten it. Not only I let Christian walk over me but I'm so dependent on him that I can't remember my life before him.

"He just told me four hours ago, how much he loves me and can't live without me. Even if it's just a fucking sick joke he's playing on me, I won't tolerate it even for a second!" I grit out and storm out of the room.

I slam the door open to Christian's room where he's laying on his bed looking bored.

I inwardly scoff, at him.

I ignore him and enter the abnormally big closet, taking out the suitcases and start yanking my clothes off the hangers. My eyes find the white lace crop top that Christian loves.

I look at him angrily and rip it into two.

That stupid cunt can wipe his ass with it.

I hear Rico in the room but I choose to ignore it.

"Victoria, stop it!"

I ignore him.

"Victoria?"

I ignore him again, zipping up my bag. The rest of the clothes can go to hell for all I care. I grab the ring again and roll my suitcase out of the closet. "Get out of my way, Rico."

He doesn't so I push him away.

I stop and give Christian, the man of the fucking hour a bright smile. "Here's your ring you asshole. I hope you die and rot in the deepest pit of hell."

With that, I throw the ring on his face and walk out of the room.

...

...

This chapter is dedicated to sasa2455
Thank you for supporting me 💛