CHAPTER TWENTY-EIGHT

Start from the beginning

Whew, I loved a guy with this energy.

"I like you a lot too," I admitted, feeling my smile increase every time I said it, "But I don't want to rush anything between us. We're still getting to know one another, and it gets me excited that we're on the same page. I believe in honesty, communication, loyalty, trust, and respect, so as long as we have that, then I'm okay."

"I feel the exact way that you do," Malik conferred. "If you're free for the next weekend, I'm taking you out. It won't be a dinner date but still a date that will keep you excited every time we're together."

I didn't know if I was going to be free since I had to meet with Johnathan and he had some things planned for me, I'm sure of it, but I was going to make some time for Malik.

"I might be, and Malik, it doesn't always have to be us going somewhere and you paying for me," I reminded him. "I like the big things and the little things, so I'm okay with whatever you do, but it doesn't always have to require you buying things for me, okay?"

"Dang, a way of making me wanna' change my plans for us," He chuckled. "But I understand. I'm sure you got other stuff to do so, I'll call you later, sunshine,"

"Okay,"

After hanging up with him, I was in awe. I had to stop myself from falling so quickly, but Malik was making it hard. While I waited on my friend to finish, I was scrolling down my timeline on Instagram. I found Instagram to be a boring app where all you did was like and comment on a post, but it did pay people with advertising and brand deals so, I also didn't see a problem with it.

"I got me two pairs of the 97s," Terrell uttered, causing me to look up at him since I didn't even hear his footsteps. "I can't believe people got the nerve to call these shoes ugly,"

"I agree, and if I liked wearing sneakers, then I'd wear them," I said, standing up from the bench as I slid my cellphone into my purse. "You ready to go, or you want to do more shopping?"

I had to the rental car service still and meet with Johnathan later.

"We could go," He nodded his head, holding his Nike bag of shoes. "I just remembered that I gotta' bring you to that car rental place,"

I stayed silent as we walked away from the store and exited the mall altogether, heading back to the parking lot.

.

.

.

Once I signed the paperwork for the rental, I received the keys and walked outside to my new car for the month. I was going to be riding in a Nissan Sentra only to get by until I was ready to buy myself a car. I opened the car door entering the vehicle as I inserted the keys into the ignition as I liked how the car drove smoothly. Once Terrell pulled out of the parking lot, I followed him to the house as my cellphone began to ring.

I picked it up from my lap, watching the cars as I glanced at the screen that told me that Johnathan Strong was calling me. Since it was still early in the day, I'm sure that his business meeting is over.

I answered the phone, placing it on speaker.

"Hello?" I answered, driving out of the parking lot and onto the road as I headed in the direction of Terrell's home.

"Good afternoon Breanna, I'm calling to let you know that I'm finished with my meeting," He confirmed. "I'm now at my building, and I made sure to let my receptionist know that I'm expecting you for a meeting,"

"Okay, I'll be there in ten,"

I hung up the phone, dialing Terrell's number. As he picked up on the second ring, I reassured him that I had to meet with Johnathan, and he replied while I told him about Malik wanting to play him in 2K that seemed to excite him up before he hung up on me for the second time.