Chapter Six

BETH'S P.O.V:

"Jack...? What are we...? I mean..."

"Ask Marc," Jack says, shyly taking me by the hand and leading me round to the back of the building.

"Marc?" I ask, looking behind me as Jack trails me along.

"Ask Jack," Marc replies, laughing as I shoot him a dirty look. I stop, refusing to allow myself to be dragged on any further.

"Okay. Somebody tell me!" I insist. Jack turns to face me and he takes a deep breath, looking deadly serious which makes me nervous.

"You'll think I'm creepy," he says, sounding nervous himself.

"Dude, we both know you're creepy," Marc interrupts and I laugh, nodding. Jack sighs, looking down at the ground and smiling a little. He looks back up, letting go of my hand and rubs the back of his neck.

"Okay. So the day we met-"

"When you hit me with your Dad's car," I clarify, grinning as he squirms.

"Yes," Jack replies, through gritted teeth, although he was still smiling at me. "You were wearing a Fall Out Boy shirt. And it was the first thing that I noticed about you," he finishes, pursing his lips and looking me in the eyes. For some reason, I feel myself blushing. I'm finding this whole thing incredibly sweet.

"Go on," Marc prompts Jack, pulling us both out of our little staring contest. Jack clears his throat and looks at Marc, before looking back at me.

"And a couple of months ago, FOB announced their US tour and before I even knew you - I really wanted to get tickets. But the show had sold out before I could. I guess I just stopped thinking about it. Marc and I have been looking for a drummer and another guitarist for a while now... I was talking about going on a date with you Friday and long story short, Marc knows this guy-"

"My sister's boyfriend's brother-in-law's best friend knows this guy," Marc corrects. I turn to stare at him, frowning in confusion.

"What?" I ask.

"Never mind,"

"Anyway," Jack continues, "Marc knows a guy, who is the events organizer here. And two or three favours later, here we are," he finishes, motioning to the back door. Suddenly, everything clicks for me. But were they serious?

"Jack... Are you..."

"Prepare yourself. For the best first date ever," Marc answers for him, putting his hands on my shoulders and pushing me forward gently. "I'll see you guys later. Tyler should be out to get you soon,"

"See ya later, man," Jack says as Marc walks away, waving over his shoulder. I'm speechless. Is this real? Am I dreaming? I reach for Jack's hand and squeeze. It certainly feels real.

"Am I dreaming?" I ask him, just in case.

"No," he laughs, squeezing my hand back.

"You're sure I'm not going to wake up any second now, and I'll be in hospital and I'll have been in a coma for however many days?"

"I'm sure. I didn't hit you that hard, Beth," he tells me. I grin and look up at him.

"Well, I fell pretty hard," I whisper. My cheeks flush instantly and so do Jack's, but he smiles a little too. We stand in silence for a second, eventually interrupted by the sound of a guy clearing his throat from behind us. We both whirl round at the same time, still holding hands and I momentarily get tangled in my own arm.

"Are you Jack and Beth?" he asks. Jack nods.

"Are you Marc's sister's best friend's boyfriend's brother-in-law's..." I trail off, confused again. Who I assume to be Tyler, laughs at this.

Don't Let Jack Drive!जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें