Chapter Fourteen

BETH’S P.O.V:

“You’ll take me with you, wont you?” I ask Jack, closing my eyes as a lay my head down on his bare chest. He pulls the comforter further up around us and gently strokes my hair.

“If you still want to go,” he tells me.

“Why wouldn’t I want to travel the world with you?”

“Yes. I’ll take you with me,” he says. “If your Dad doesn’t kill me,” he finishes, making me laugh.

“It’s okay, my brother can keep you in line,” I tell him. He stiffens and I look up at him, confused.

“Your brother would probably help your Dad to kill me,”

“But then he wouldn’t be able to travel the world either,”

“Guitarists are replaceable,” he tells me. “We all are, really. Except Alex. Alex is the reason we’ve got this deal. If it wasn’t for his voice, then we wouldn’t be-”

“Hey. You can’t say things like that. You are all twenty five per cent of All Time Low. It wouldn’t be All Time Low without you. Plus, you know, if it wasn’t for you, the band wouldn’t exist in the first place,”

“And you,” he replies.

“And me?”

“You know you helped,” Jack says. I grin up at him. “A lot. And I’m so grateful for that. Thank you,”

“You’re welcome,” I say. Then he leans down, kissing me, upside down. I roll over so that we’re stomach to stomach and kiss him back. He puts his hands on my face, pulling me closer. We’re throwing the remainders of our clothes off, my shirt lands somewhere near the door, his boxers on his desk. We’re a blur. Suddenly, he’s on top of me, looking down at me. He stops what he’s doing just to stare at me.

“I hope you know how beautiful you are,” Jack suddenly says. I blush. “I love you,”

“I love you too,”

JACK

’S P.O.V:

We shouldn’t be doing this,” I whisper, as always. Alex looks up at me, his huge brown eyes looking so vulnerable right now.

I know,” he whispers back.

We both know it, but that doesn

’t stop either of us from leaning in and kissing the other. His hands are in my hair and I find myself pushing him backwards onto the bed. He starts to unbutton my shirt and my stomach flips, knowing we’re about to go further than we ever have before. Up until now, it’s mostly been making out and deep conversation. Then discussing how wrong our… Relationship is, before agreeing never to act on our feelings again. But for every step forward we take, it’s two steps back. And it’s back to making out and deep conversation. Alex’s hands slide over my back, pulling me into him. There’s a horrible feeling, deep down inside me that tells me once again just how wrong this is. I can hear her voice in my head, echoing, “I love you,” over and over again. It hurts me so much - kills me, even. It’s tearing me apart, what we’re doing and… I still can’t bring myself to give him up. Or to give her up. I need him and I know that he needs me. But Beth needs me more. I need her, too. This is just so, so messed up. All of it. I can’t choose between them, knowing that without either of them, my life would be nothing. Bethany was my first - my first real, requited - love and I knew that I was hers too. I knew that I was more than that to her, no matter how big headed it must be for me to admit it. But she’d told me so many times that I just knew. I believed every word she said to me. I couldn’t believe that I was doing this to her. And yet, when Alex so much as looked at me, I wondered how it had ever been anybody but him.