I: Will You Date Me?

Chapter I:

2020

Walking through a mall in his casual disguise, Song Joong Ki saw a boy who was about four years old. The young boy who was few feet away from him looked lost as he kept looking from side to side while roaming the huge area. Poor boy, he thought.

There were not much people around so Joong Ki felt it was safe to let his guard down a little. He neared the boy and the closer he got the better he sees the freight in the boy's round eyes. The boy stopped walking but he still kept looking around, slowly turning in circles on his spot, searching for his companion.

Song Joong Ki bent his knees, kneeling one down onto the cold tiled floor. "Hey, brave man. Can't find your parents?" He asked warmly.

The little boy looked up a little to meet the eyes of the older man, "Can you help me?" Joong Ki flashed a smile to the boy and nodded.

November 2012

"Cut!" the director commanded. Everyone's face was painted with smiles as they have wrapped up the filming. "You've all done well," the director complimented all the staffs he worked with for the project. Soon enough their smiles were tainted with a bit of sadness as they have realized it was their last day working together as a successful team.

Joong Ki turned to Chae Won to give her a hug shortly after the director's cut. They smiled at each other, a smile that was mixed with compliments and sadness for the possibility of not seeing each other again once that very moment ended. "You did well," both have told the other. A short hug then they pulled back and turned to the other staffs.

Joong Ki hugged the director and tiny drop of tears fell from his eyes, not able to contain them. The director patted his back and told him they should work again in the future.

Amidst the emotional moment, one staff loudly asked everyone to gather up and face the camera. It was time for their group photo to be taken. One, Two, Three, everyone smiled for the shot as it captured their commemoration of working together as a team.

Later that night, all of them gathered once again for a wrap up party. Despite sitting apart, Chae Won and Joong Ki couldn't stop taking glances of one another, and whenever their eyes met, they'll shyly exchange affectionate smiles.

It was when they started to eat slower when the producer stood up. He took the microphone from the corner, turned it on and started his speech. One staff after another. They took turns to have a few moment to thank everyone, or just any message one wanted to say for the whole team or a certain co-worker.

"Our very own Kang Maru, Joong Ki." The one who just voiced his message passed the spotlight to their lead actor. It was Joong Ki's time to deliver his message.

Joong Ki stood there finding the right words to tell. He stuttered and was teased by the staffs, they sang the OST that he sang for the drama, to him. He smiled getting reminded of the song. He continued giving message to the staffs, saying it was them who made the stars shine all throughout the drama and that, he was very thankful.

Sound of hands clapping and loud cheering after every speeches could be heard. Soon enough, the mic found its way to Chae Won.

Chae Won held the mic with both hands, placing it close to her mouth. She started by thanking the staffs behind the camera. She said she was most happy working with all of them, and thanked them for making the set comfortable. "Song Joong Ki...ssi," she trailed off saying his name, hesitant to address him casually. She glanced at the man briefly, too shy to hold his gaze for too long. She thanked Joong Ki whom she worked with the most for this project. When she was done she bowed left and right, then turned to her back and was met by a group of staff chanting her name from their seats.