Chapter 8

"Maddy, pass me the screwdriver."

You were helping Emma and Mark rebuild the Orca. Madison opened up a toolbox and gave the screwdriver to her mother. You and the rest of the group heard a pained roar, you and Madison then turned around to see Ghidorah with their necks wrapped around Godzilla, biting down on him.

"HURRY!" Madison called to her parents. You continued to watch, tense as Ghidorah continued to clamp down on the injured lizard. "Hold on..." You murmured, watching as light pulsed through each neck while they bit. 

They're sucking power out of him!

"There!" Mark called, panting. It interrupted your thoughts.

The ORCA was finally finished.

An osprey soon landed near them. "Go, I still need to activate it!" Emma urged Mark, you looked at her in concern, "But what about you?!"

"I'm right behind you, now go!"

Mark led you and Madison by the shoulder into the osprey. Emma finally activated it, the metal object released rhythmic sounds, like the ones you heard when you found Madison. The blonde woman picked it up and ran towards the osprey, but then stopped dead in her tracks halfway.

"Emma!" Mark called, "What are you doing?!"

She just stood there. Then, you finally understood why. Ghidorah had dropped Godzilla, and they were headed straight towards them.

Mark looked at Emma thoughtfully for a moment, his eyes about to shed tears. "Mom, no!" Madison's eyes then started to water as Emma turned around and started running back. 

She then got inside the truck. "I love you, Madison! I love you, Mark!"

Mark stared back at her solemnly. Then, the osprey took off as the truck did. 

You embraced Madison as she continued to sob, everyone in the osprey was quiet, including you. The shorter brown-haired girl got off you and sat beside you. You mindlessly parted your arms to leave her, just continuingly staring out of the opening.

Then something heart-shattering caught your eye.

You gasped quietly, so quiet only you -- and possibly Madison -- could hear. "What's wrong...?" She whispered, wiping her face wet with tears. When you didn't answer, she peeked past you, and then finally understood why.

Rodan was lying on his back with his wings spread out, yellow sparks and yellow blood poured out from a wound on his shoulder... and possibly out the other side -- it was a stab wound. You started to quicken your breathing a bit. Madison, knowing exactly why since you told her, tried to assure you. 

"Hey... (Y/N), it's just the shoulder...!" The younger girl whispered, "It's nothing fatal! Don't worry!"

"W-what if..." You started choking in your overwhelming worry, "What if Mothra's sting had venom?"

Madison murmured back, "She only has paralysis in her venom, don't worry!"

You only felt slightly assured by her, nodding and shutting your eyes tight as you wiped away your tears. You didn't want to annoy Madison too much, so you tried to hide that you were still worried about Rodan, throwing on your (F/C) hood over your head.

"Do you ever get hot in that hoodie?" Madison joked in a whisper, seemingly trying to cheer you up. You simply gave a quiet half-hearted chuckle.