Chapter 7

Meanwhile, you and Madison found a chess board and decided to play, unable to do anything else being confined in her house.

Before you could land a pawn on your desired tile, suddenly, the floor below you trembled. Your hand stopped mid-air, then the both of you exchanged glances. "You felt that?" Madison whispered, you simply just nodded, your heart pumping.

The floor shook again, this time the furniture around the both of you trembled, dropping the objects they were holding. The shaky rhythm of the objects' movement puzzled you, they shook, then stopped, shook, stopped. "Footsteps..." You whispered, then shouted, "GODZILLA'S FOOTSTEPS! MADISON, WE NEED TO TAKE COVER!"

"WHAT?!" Madison shouted back over the noise as you lead her to the bathroom, you pulled her into the bath tub, replying, "Godzilla's gonna step on us, stay below the rim!"

You and Madison ducked, watching the bathroom walls around you crumble. "Here goes nothing..." Madison whispered. It all happened so fast...

The walls fell.

Darkness shadowed the tub.

You opened your eyes, seeing complete pitch black around you. You felt your way around, only touching smooth walls — then you felt cloth. "Madison!" You whispered urgently, you received no response, "Maddy! Are you awake?!"

Still no answer...

You felt her chest, and felt a slight pulse, letting out a sigh of relief. You tried to push the debris above you off the tub, but it didn't budge. "Damnit!" You shouted, you kept knocking on the solid ceiling, hoping for a nearby group or at least anyone outside to help...

***

You were getting tired, but didn't stop knocking. And just as you were losing energy, you were slowly giving up hope. And as you were about to pass out from your exhaustion, there was a slight screeching noise, then droplets of water dropped down on your head.

"We found her, and the missing Costa Rican kid!"

"Madison?!"

"MADDY!"

You stepped out of the tub with the help of some soldiers, and helped carry out the unconscious Madison alongside a brown-haired man. He was familiar... then, remembering the photo, you recognized him immediately.

"Mr. Russell..." You looked at him, surprised. "Please, call me Mark," He smiled thoughtfully at you, "Thank you for keeping our daughter safe!"

'Our'?

You then saw a blonde-haired woman running over to join you and Mark. "MADDY!" She wailed, holding the brown-haired girl in her arms. This was Emma Russell. "Baby, please wake up!" She pleaded, performing CPR on Madison.

Madison soon woke with a gasp, then after a few moments of breathing, she whispered, "Mom?... Dad?..."

Both of her parents laughed in relief, embracing their daughter. You were touched by the scene... "(Y/N), thanks for keeping me company..." Madison gave a weak smile, then you walked over to her, giving her a hug as she stood. You let go of her, then asked, "Shall we find our bags?"

Madison nodded, then bounded off in a random direction. She crouched down and dug through the debris, you fell down beside her and dug through the debris too.

After a few minutes, you felt a piece of fabric, and glimpsed a bit of (F/C). "Think I found mine!"

"Mine must be near it too!"

You pulled your bag out, then searched through more of the debris, then saw a bit of gray. "Here!" You called Madison, then she ran over to you, helping you to dig it out. "Thanks," she huffed as she threw the backpack strap over her shoulder.

You both then heard the call of one of the soldiers. "Russells, Ms. (L/N), we need to move!"

"Come with us!" Emma offered you. "Thank you," you said, going with the Russell family as they started to run with the soldiers surrounding them.

Suddenly, a scene in the far distance caught your eyes, everyone's. Mothra stood on an injured Godzilla's back, you gasped seeing the wounds on the great lizard. She cried out at Ghidorah, stealing the three heads' attention. It was like she was saying: "You have one last challenger, Ghidorah!"

Hold on... where was Rodan?

Then, she ascended from Godzilla, darting towards the middle head. But she was intercepted half-way with a gravity beam, sending her flying back. You gasped quietly, placing your hand on your mouth as Mothra burned to ashes.

But as you looked closer, there was faint blue light fading into the lizard, orange light suddenly sparking on the areas where it dropped. Godzilla groaned in pain as if it were burning embers falling onto his shoulder like petals.

Ghidorah then dropped their heads low onto the ground, as if creeping up on Godzilla, still lying on the ground. Then, their heads curled around him, biting down on the injured lizard.

You gasped, then shouted, "WE HAVE TO DO SOMETHING!"

"You are right, Ms. (Y/N)." Emma murmured, "We need to fix the Orca!"