23 ❥ a fanfiction kiss

" ..i-im in love with you, donghyuck. i always have been. "

donghyuck blinked once, then twice.

huh?

"wha— what? but you said-"

"what I said before was a lie," mark admitted, sounding more confident with each word that he spoke.

a look of hurt had fallen upon donghyuck's face, but he also felt relieved. "why didn't you tell me the truth then?"

"i was afraid that it would mess up our friendship."

as well as many other things, but mark wasn't ready to ask him about that just yet.

donghyuck grabbed one of his hands and held it tightly. "you're an idiot, mark lee," he huffed, pouting. it made mark smile.

there was a lot of love behind donghyuck's bitter choice of words, and mark knew that better than anyone else.

hyuck snuggled up to him on the bed and buried his face in the crook of mark's neck. it felt as if nothing had ever changed.

"..what made you lie?" the younger asked quietly.

mark felt tingles go up and down his spine every time hyuck breathed against his neck.

he sighed, "i was afraid of what might happen if we, y'know, did like each other back.."

"hm? but we do like each other back," donghyuck said, confused.

mark's eyebrows raised in disbelief. "wait— you still like me?"

"don't be dumb, hyung," hyuck laughed, "i wouldn't do this if i didn't love you."

"do what?"

"this."

mark's heart set aflutter as soon as he was able to register what hyuck was doing. donghyuck's soft lips were on his own. fireworks went off in his head, and he was so absorbed in the feeling that he had almost forgotten to kiss back.

the kiss was brief and chaste, but it made them both feel warm and fuzzy inside, and mark went in for another.

donghyuck's lips tasted like strawberries. mark almost expected it because he knew the younger had been using the same flavored lip balm for years. they were colored a rosy pink and felt plush against his own, he couldn't get enough of it.

the fanfiction descriptions were— surprisingly accurate, he thought as donghyuck broke away from the kiss.

it lasted a few seconds longer than their first, and they pulled away trying to catch their breath. their cheeks were both tinted a dark shade of red.

"..wow," mark breathed, "that was amazing."

donghyuck chuckled softly, a small smile gracing his face, "i wanna do it again."

mark cupped his face in his hands, pinching both his cheeks playfully. "maybe later, i might go too far if we keep going right now."

hyuck's cheeks reddened. "okay, later in our room, then."

he gave the older a teasing wink.

mark buried his face in his hands, "hey, don't do that to me."

"you're my boyfriend now, get used to it," donghyuck scoffed.

"b-boyfriend?" mark asked.

it was hard not to melt when hyuck was beaming at him. "yeah!"

"..but what about the company? won't they find out?"

"we'll keep it a secret," donghyuck giggled, getting on top of mark's lap, "nobody has to know."

"i think it's a bit too late for that.." said a voice that made the two get off of each other quickly.

mark yelped. "renjun!"

"so things went well, i'm glad," the chinese sighed, "thank god. i was waiting for this day to come."

"are you gonna tell anyone?" donghyuck asked nervously.

"i won't, but only on one condition," renjun proposed, his evil grin making a reappearance.

"what is it? we'll do anything!" mark pleaded. he was so very desperate and it amused renjun.

"you two must agree to have a Star Wars marathon with me and the other dreamies."

"oh god.." donghyuck grumbled, "should've seen that coming."

"we'll do it!" mark exclaimed, "we'll do it!"

"good," said renjun simply, pleased. "i'll leave you lovebirds to it, then. don't have sex on my bed."

both of them colored at his words, "renjun!"

"bye bye now, use protection!"

mark laughed awkwardly as soon as the shorter male left, "guess we have a movie night to attend?"

"he made a promise earlier saying that if everything goes well we'll have a marathon with him. didn't sound weird to me at first but i now just realized that it's for his own enjoyment," donghyuck sighed, shaking his head.

the older grinned and it made donghyuck's heart beat like crazy. "ah, classic renjun."

"i'll come back with you to our own room after," donghyuck said, "then we can have some fun." he wiggled his eyebrows at mark.

"oh my god, why do i put up with you," the older groaned. he tried to hide the grin that had made its way onto his lips, but failed miserably.

donghyuck made a 'hmph' sound and crossed his arms. "because you looove me and you want to be with me for the rest of your life."

"you aren't wrong," mark laughed.

he pulled the younger in for a hug.

they stayed like that for a while.

AAAAAAA

THEY smooched 🥰

i hope you guys enjoyed reading this chapter!

don't forget to vote <333