1 ❥ the recommended

mark had just gotten back from doing a photo shoot with super m, the new group that he would be debuting in.

he shared a dorm room with donghyuck, his best friend.

it was super late by the time he had made it to the nct 127 dorms. everybody was sound asleep, and mark knew that because he could hear yuta's loud snores.

he made sure not to bump into or step on anything because he didn't want to disturb the members.

mark entered the bedroom quietly, his serious expression softening at the sight in front of him.

donghyuck was in a deep slumber, judging by his adorable snores. clutched tightly in his arms was the giant teddy bear that johnny and jaehyun bought him from their trip to ikea.

he had a resting pouty face that made him look like a baby. the oversized shirt, which belonged to mark, he had on made him look even cuter.

mark smiled.

"cute." he mumbled.

he quickly changed into his pajamas and brushed his teeth with the watermelon toothpaste he had been purchasing since his trainee days.

mark tucked himself into bed and stared up at the ceiling. he sighed, shutting his eyes, using donghyuck's snores as a white noise to help himself fall asleep.

he tossed and turned, kicked the blanket off and pulled it back on, flipped his pillow over and then flipped it back, yet still, none of these things got him anywhere closer to dreamland.

the canadian groaned.

there's no way that i'm gonna fall asleep soon. might as well just watch some youtube.

he took out his phone from the top of the drawer and turned it on, relieved to see that it was only twelve in the morning.

mark opened the youtube app and scrolled through his recommended. the funny 'crack' edits nctzens made always brought tears of laughter to his eyes, so he decided to watch one of those with earbuds, obviously.

the title of the video he clicked on was ' 10 MINUTES OF MARK'S FUNNY MOMENTS '

mark smiled sheepishly when the clip of him drinking for the first time appeared. sure, it was a heck of an embarrassment to him seeing that the fans memed the video quite often, but it made them happy, so why be ashamed?

he finished that video and looked for another one.

there were many funny videos on each individual member, but the title for one of them caught his attention.

it was called ' haechan soft energy to relieve stress '

mark nodded in satisfaction at the title, because a stress reliever was something he was in desperate need of at the moment.

the video started with a clip of hyuck wearing the pumpkin glasses, impersonating mark while doing his iconic rap in cherry bomb. mark cringed at the sound of his own maniacal giggling and nonstop clapping, but struggled to hold back his laugh because of the silliness taking place on screen.

he glanced down at the hashtags below the video and reminisced after reading #getwellsoonhaechan.

mark remembered that taking place in the beginning of the year. it was unbearably hard for him to sleep and stay happy during that time.

the whole of nct was visibly more dull as well, nowhere near emotionless, but certainly duller. everybody's happiness reflected and relied on the tanned male more than anything else, and it was really starting to show in the first few months that he was absent.

when donghyuck did call, the members smiled and laughed more than they would have without him. he was truly irreplaceable. nct's very own wonderful and bright fullsun.

mark had learned to accept donghyuck more once he came back. he had agreed with the statement, "you don't know what you have until it's gone," and has sweared by it ever since. a few months without the younger made him feel cold and lonely, he couldn't imagine himself surviving for a time longer than that.

the video ended sooner than expected. mark was so engrossed in the content that he forgot about things like time and reality. donghyuck had that effect on everyone, but it undoubtedly worked the most on mark.

mark looked for other aegyo hyuck videos, because he enjoyed them oh-so much, but stopped immediately after reading one of the titles.

this video was called, ' Mark's reaction to Haechan's aegyo (#Markhyuck) '

he was baffled. absolutely stunned. perplexed. he had no idea that such things, and by things, i mean videos, existed.

is markhyuck.. me and hyuck? mark wondered.

he clicked on the video without hesitation as a wave of curiosity washed over and drowned him in it.

why would people be interested on seeing my and only my reaction only? why me in particular, why not jeno, or renjun?

mark got a gist of what the compilation was going to be about after watching the first clip. donghyuck did something cute, and then the camera panned over to himself to see his reaction.

the captions that would pop up after analyzing his expressions shocked mark.

he read them aloud quietly. " 'can't hide his affection' huh? i just thought that it was funny."

one of the last clips in the videos had one perspective on mark, one on hyuck, and one on the video they were reacting to.

mark was confused, but he couldn't deny the fact that this video was making him realize a few things.

the way he reacted did sometimes appear to be far from platonic, but he only did those things out of habit. not because he was ' in love, ' as the fans would caption it.

he scrolled down to see the comments.

one read, ' the WHIPPED jumped out '

the whipped?

the comment below that one read, ' He is whipped af hahahaa <33 '

mark went on urban dictionary to look up what whipped meant, and he gasped.

the realization finally got to him, and everything suddenly clicked.

the czennies think that i'm in love with donghyuck!

oh no.. what if the netizens watch these videos and come to conclusions?

what if they really believe that i like him?

mark turned off his phone after looking at a few more comments and sighed.

"i think i'm on the wrong side of the internet."

though, he would be lying if he said he wasn't interested in watching more.

intrigued,

that was the word that described mark.

hi again qt ;)

i hope you enjoyed this chapter!

don't forget to vote 🌟