5 ❥ meantime magic

haechan was getting ready for the drive back to the dream dorm, where he would catch up with the dreamies and get ready for their new comeback.

he got a call from his other manager in the evening, and he packed up faster than james charles could whip up a shistar scandal.

mark did not seem all too pleased with the younger's sudden departure. the fact that he would not be a part of something related to nct dream hurt his heart a little, but he had already graduated, and that was that.

"bye, hyungs! i'm leaving now!" hyuck called from downstairs, suitcase in hand and all.

the nct hyungs bid him farewell in unison. "bye donghyuckie!"

mark followed haechan with his eyes as he walked out the door, still concentrated on him even though he was well out of sight.

"there goes your precious fullsun.." jaehyun whispered as he passed the canadian on the way to the kitchen.

how long will he be gone? mark wondered, pouting slightly.

"should be for about a month or something like that." taeil answered nonchalantly.

mark stumbled. "oh god.. did i say that aloud?"

"mhm."

"dangit-"

"why, was it not meant to be said aloud?"

mark was taken aback. "w-well, yeah."

"oh. oof."

taeil could sense mark's dismay. he had always been the one to hang out with the inseparable best friends, sometimes he was third wheeling, sometimes he wasn't (but it was mostly third wheeling.)

"is it because of hyuck?"

"how'd you know?"

"magic."

"hyuck sometimes calls me dumb, but best you not believe him."

taeil was bemused. "i don't. just, magic."

"ooookay-"

"let him dream, mark. let him dream." johnny chimed in.

"hey! i have powers!" taeil pouted.

"sure you do." the taller replied sarcastically.

"prove it, then, hyung." mark suggested, turning towards the oldest.

surprisingly, no hint of uncertainty could be found anywhere on moon taeil's face. he sure was confident.

"i will make johnny drop his soda can!" he announced, straightening up as he got ready to perform his magical spell.

taeil pointed a finger at johnny's drink as promised, and it didn't budge.

johnny was just about to chortle at how stupid it was, but then he saw the older's saddening face, and he felt guilty.

he dropped his drink immediately.

taeil rejoiced. "see! i did it."

"but johnny just-" mark interrupted.

"save it, mark." johnny whispered, nudging the aforementioned male in the arm.

"yay! i actually made chicago drop his drink!" taeil chanted. he jumped around and waved his hands in the air like an idiot.

"you do know you're gonna have to clean that up, right, seo?" taeyong shouted from upstairs.

"yes, boss yong." johnny sighed, chuckling.

"why'd you do that?" mark asked him.

"taeil hyung is.. something."

"whaddaya mean, something?"

johnny shook his head softly, smiling to himself,

"i don't call him my soulmate for nothing."

"soulmates?"

"that's what you and haechan are."

hi gays

an update woop woop

i'm finally feeling nOt SiCk so that's great 🥰

don't forget to vote!