20 ❥ a shoulder to cry on

" what do you think would happen to me and donghyuck if we did like each other back? "

mark shut his eyes out of fear, too scared to see jaehyun and taeyong's reactions, but there was no need.

"ah. you see, that's the same question that's been on our minds too, mark." taeyong said softly, giving jaehyun a knowing glance.

"for the past three years, ever since the summer fight, it appeared to us that you two have had a bit of an on and off with each other," jaehyun admitted. he pat mark on the back, "but we aren't shocked or anything, don't worry."

mark found the willpower to open his eyes again, but the tremble in his bones never seemed to fizzle out.

"sometimes it looked like only hyuck pined after you, and other times it looked like only you pined after him," taeyong chuckled, "like one of those fanfictions that you've been reading."

mark jolted up in his seat at those words. "w-what?"

"oh yeah, i forgot to tell you. jaehyun and i decided to read a few of them after i first saw one on your phone. they're very good, i'm not gonna lie."

"who knew that the czennies shipped me and taeyong hyung together?" jaehyun, whose cheeks were tinted a light pink, laughed.

"jaeyong.." mark mumbled, recalling all those times he saw their ship name in the markhyuck fanfiction tags.

"anyway, i saw this coming ever since the 2017 fight." taeyong yawned, "i'm betting that dream knows too."

"how did you know??" mark asked, appalled.

"mother's intuition." was the answer that the older gave him.

jaehyun sighed as he thought hard about what mark had originally asked them.

"well, to answer your question from earlier, i know that sm won't stand by your relationship."

the younger nodded his head solemnly, "i.. saw that coming."

he ignored the burning tears threatening to escape his eyes.

"we had a gut feeling that sooner or later, you guys would confront each other about your feelings, so i guess the time has finally come. this whole ordeal is crucial to us all, believe me. us and the rest of the group just want you two to be happy, but we also don't want you to be kicked from the group," said taeyong.

although mark knew that taeyong was stating facts, he felt tears starting to make their way down his cheeks, leaving a damp trail behind them as they ran along.

his body shook with sadness, "i— i love him. i really do love him.. but i didn't have the guts to tell him! and now i- i think i ruined everything—"

taeyong pulled him closer to his chest, letting the boy sob into his shirt. he felt extremely sorry for him, so sorry, that he himself had started to tear up, too.

"we'll figure this out, mark, don't worry." he whispered, a tremor in his voice.

as one of the mother figures of the group, taeyong was used to dealing with situations like this, and he was accustomed to feeling the emotions that the members did whenever they came to him.

he was usually great at maintaining composure at times like these, making him the ideal shoulder to cry on. but this time around, the emotions mark expressed were overwhelmingly strong, and they got the best of taeyong.

he truly wanted happiness for all of his members, all of them, and he felt like shit whenever he couldn't find a way to help them.

taeyong felt less burdened after a pair of strong arms wrapped around him. jaehyun.

jaehyun carded a gentle hand through taeyong's hair, rubbing circles into mark's back all the same. he sensed the older slowly starting to ease into his embrace, and it made him feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

you're always there for everyone, so i'll be here for you.

he took out his phone and sent donghyuck a text, one that he knew would catch his attention among the rest.

mark is crying.

mark fell asleep in taeyong's arms that night, resting his head comfortably against the wet patch he had left his shirt.

just before taeyong fell asleep as well, he gave jaehyun a peck on the cheek.

"thank you, jaehyun," he whispered, giving him a small smile, "thank you for always being there for me."

jaehyun was thankful for the lack of light in the room that evening, he knew he was as red as a tomato now.

i hope they reconcile soon.

the next morning, when donghyuck received the text, he replied,

can he come over?
i'm at the dream dorm.

:) hope you guys enjoyed this chapter!
tysm for your love and support, y'all are the best 🥺💕