2 ❥ fanfic frenzy

mark eventually fell asleep at three in the morning. it was unhealthy, definitely, but he had spent the whole night watching markhyuck videos, and that's always a good thing in my book. i don't know about his book, though.

he was.. hm. how do i put this? ah, mentally scarred.

that wasn't the most horrible thing in the world, after all, it could've been worse. thank the heavens that he started with only fan edits, or else he would've surely fainted.

it was hard for him to get up that morning, mainly because of the person waking him up.

out of all people, it just had to be donghyuck.

"mark hyung, breakfast is ready!"

mark nodded and rubbed his eyes, tiredly getting up to follow all of the group members (who weren't equally as groggy, but still grumpy) towards the kitchen where taeyong cooked.

the rest of the day went smoothly as usual, the only road bump being a few crazy fans swarming the boys when they tried to eat at a restaurant for dinner.

mark came home late again because of a sudden meeting with the super m members that lee sooman announced near the end of the day. he didn't hate lee sooman, but he didn't necessarily love the man either. but that was another story.

contrary to last night's events, mark was ready and had an idea in mind of what he was going to do tonight.

i'm gonna see what the nctzens have been doing with all this markhyuck nonsense.

he waited until donghyuck had fallen fast asleep. the first few adorable snores confirmed the fact that he had already made it to dreamland, and that permitted mark to proceed in his fan-shipping journey.

mark decided to search up markhyuck on his internet browser instead, because he wanted to see the different types of media that the nctzens had to offer.

he tapped on images and saw a few photos of him and donghyuck together, and a lot of them were surprisingly of good quality.

there was also fan art, and he found that a lot of it was done well. he held himself back from saving any of it, knowing that his roommate would eventually snoop and look through his camera roll someday.

he looked under the articles category and stumbled upon a website that he was unfamiliar with.

"archive of our own?"

the tag he clicked on was obviously markhyuck, but he was shocked to the core the moment the page fully loaded.

he read the description for one section.

" 'donghyuck is going to start prematurely greying because of mark lee. alternatively, mark gets glasses.' "

(A/N: yes, this is an actual ao3 ff called " i was lowkey, that's the old me" and i highly recommend it to everyone)

mark rubbed his eyes to make sure he wasn't seeing things.

is this.. a story?

he clicked on it to find out, and boy, was he in for a ride.

mark read the first few lines with uncertainty, but then slowly started easing himself into it.

in the story, he needed glasses, and donghyuck and him were best friends.

he smiled at the sentences about glasses, because he did have and use a pair of prescription glasses in real life.

apparently, fanfiction donghyuck thought that mark would look ugly with glasses, and he was wrong. mark looked handsome.