Five

Shayne. He's here right in front of me. Smiling. I can't reach him. He's so far away.

I tried to call out to him, but I was mute. Nothing would come out of my mouth. At this point I was crying, I wanted so badly for him to hear me.

"Don't worry, Courtney," His voice echoed, "Everything will be okay..." he started fading away. I reached out for him, but I kept getting farther and farther away from him. No, no, no! Shayne! He's leaving me. I can't let that happen. "Everything will be okay"

"Shayne!!" I jolted up screaming his name. It was a nightmare. But why was he the only one there? Why would I have a nightmare like that?

"Courtney! Are you okay?" Olivia looked so worried. I had forgotten that I was here with them. Mari was still asleep somehow.

"Yeah...yeah, I just had this weird ass dream"

"I'd say. I woke up to hear you saying Shayne's name over and over again and then it slowly turned into you yelling for him"

"I...I don't know what that was. I must be going crazy or something. I think I'm gonna head home," I grabbed my bag and walked out of the house. I didn't have a ride, so I just walked home. It was 3 am and cold as hell. I wasn't wearing much in terms of layers, so it was more cold for me than anything. After a bit of walking, a bright light appeared behind me. It was a car. It stopped beside me and the window rolled down to reveal Shayne.

"Courtney? What the hell are you doing walking around at 3 am?" He asked.

"I...was just heading home from Olivia's. I had to head home because...I was...um...sick," I said obviously lying. Why would I tell him about the dream I had? He'd just think I'm crazy.

"Well, I can take you home. I don't want you to get more sick walking around out here," He got out and helped me into the other side of the car. He got back in and started driving. He had laid his jacket on me to warm me up and turned on the heaters.

"Th..thank you for the ride I guess"

"It's no problem"

"Why are you even out here this early?"

"I was working on something at the office with Ian. We didn't see the time, so we ended up working almost all night"

"Oh"

"So, how are you doing? Anything you need to talk about?"

"No...I'm doing fine. I think I'm really getting over him at this point which is good...I guess"

"That is good. I'm glad you're doing good in the sense of that, but what about you physically? You said you were feeling sick"

"Yeah, just a little headache is all. I'll be fine," I ended up drifting off at that moment. I didn't have any dreams about Shayne which is good considering he was right next to me. I woke up to find myself on my couch. The kitchen light was on and I could hear some things moving around in there. Shayne walked out with an empty plastic bag and noticed that I was awake.

"Oh, hey. I was wondering when you'd wake up," He came over and sat on the arm of the couch.

"When...how long have I been here?" I asked

"Well, we just got here not too long ago. I had gotten some medicines and put them in your kitchen for you. I hope they'll help. I got the ones you like"

"Thanks"

"No problem. Well, I'll head out so you can get back to sleep," I stood up and started towards the door. If I'm being honest, I don't want him to leave. I want him to stay here with me.

"Shayne?" I sat up and he stopped to look at me. "If it's not too much trouble, do you mind staying with me again? I could really use someone to...you know, be with right now"

"Sure, if you need me to stay I can," He came back over and sat next to me on the couch. I slid over next to him and hugged him which turned into me cuddling with him. I don't know why, but I started crying as soon as I dug my face into his chest. "Hey, are you okay?"

"Yeah," I said, "I'm just...I'm so glad you're here and okay. I really needed someone and you were willing to stay here with me...I don't deserve you"

"Yes you do. Courtney, I'm just here to help you. I don't care what time it is. You're my best friend and you're very important to me"

"You're very important to me too," I hugged him tighter and he didn't seem to mind. He was just there comforting me as I cried my eyes out. This is why I never want to lose him.