Her brother had, in fact, confirmed her suspicions. He would sometimes come home in the morning and before heading to bed he would explain about the domestic abuse cases he had to deal with and how there were so many illegal trades going on. He probably shouldn't have been telling this to a 12-year-old girl, but she did witness the titans eat people. He also mentioned how the amount of crime was starting to rise because of resources becoming scarce so he took it upon himself to teach her hand to hand combat.

Everday day, in the afternoon, they would go up to the roof of their apartment complex and train. He taught her basic self-defense skills like how to flip someone over her shoulder using her opponent's strength and the best places to hit someone to disarm them. He also taught her how to handle a pocket knife in case someone tried to get too close to her, she could stab them and run away. He tried his best to keep her safe, but he didn't know that when he would leave for his job she would sneak out and go down to the Red District of Stohess.

Why would a 12-year old ever go down to a place like that when she could easily be kidnapped by human traffickers or be caught in a fight? Well, it was because the young girl had come across the most beautiful woman she had ever met. 

Madame Ava was a tall woman, standing at 5'10 ft, who had pitch-black hair cut into a sharp bob and alluring green eyes. She wore dark red lipstick that complemented her soft, tan skin. Basically, (Y/n) had a big crush on her and couldn't stop following the woman around the Red District. She spent the past month just wondering why so many people would bow their head in respect at the mysterious woman. 

One day, (Y/n) was doing the usual and following the woman when suddenly the woman turned into a dark alleyway. The young girl held onto her breath as she watched the woman disappear into the alleyway. She finally released the breath and walked into the alley, trying to hold down the sudden fear she felt as she walked through the dark alley. Before she could even scream, a rough hand grabbed her shoulder and slammed her into the stone wall. The person's arm was holding her small form against the stone wall and the girl closed her eyes.

"Open your eyes, darling," a woman's soft voice said, "I won't hurt you."

(Y/n) did as she was told and shyly stared up at the green eyes she had a habit of staring at, "Why were you following me? I mean why have you been following me for the past month? Are you lost?"

The girl shook her head, not being able to speak with the sudden shock she felt. The woman she was desperately following around had noticed her a long time ago.

"I won't hurt you, I don't hurt children," the woman said with a sigh, letting go of the girl, "Now tell me your name and why you were following me."

"You're really pretty!" the girl shouted and bowed her head blushing deeply, "My name is...my name is (Y/n)!"

"You're like me" the woman stated which made (Y/n) quickly look up at the woman. Her once vibrant green eyes were now yellow and they were glowing noted the young girl. The woman gave her a smile and lifted her dress' sleeve to reveal the marking of a pentagram.

"What?" the girl mumbled and before she knew it the lady had grabbed her arm and began dragging her out of the alley.

"Come with me, it seems no one has ever told you what you are," the woman said as they both fell into step with the busy street that was full of drunk men, some had Military Police uniforms on, and with prostitutes standing outside of brothels.

"I know what I am" (Y/n) said as she let the woman drag her, "But I didn't know there were more of us."

"There's a whole community, let me show you to them" the woman replied and they were soon walking into a brothel. There were women sitting on expensive red couches and men were all over the place trying to get some kind of service. Some of them stared down at (Y/n) wondering why a young girl would ever be in such a place. Soon Madame Ava and (Y/n) walked through some black curtains into the back of the brothel where there were two women and one man sitting on the couch, drinking and smoking cigars.