20

"you have to be joking" I look up at ethan and wait for him to laugh, his laughter never comes. I look back down at the t-shirt, I know my dear friend is eccentric but this is something else.

Ethan pulls his denim jacket off and reveals his own personalised t shirt. The top looks even worse on, it's white with an American flag, the writing above it says "cuming in America".

"I will not wear that"

"come on its funny"

"honestly I will not wear that, it's not a lads holiday" I argue.

"but I bought us both one so we can match"

I shake my head "not happening, I'm not a tourist"

"kill joy, I'm wearing mine." ethan takes one last look in the mirror before blowing a kiss at his reflection. "dam i look good"

I ignore him and finish changing, I'm wearing a comfortable pair of jeans, a simple floral blouse and a pair of short heeled boots. If I'm going to be on an aeroplane for multiple hours I will be comfortable. I check I have all our documents and passports before I grab my bag and suitcase, we're ready to make our way to the airport. I can't wait to touch down on American soil.

I had called Ark before we left for the flight to ensure he was still in LA, he assures me he is. I can't wait to surprise him, I've been thinking of ways to make our reunion special. I thought about maybe hand delivering roses to his house or showing up at one of the shows.

Since I last saw him we have been in constant contact, he calls me before every show and texts me before he goes to sleep each night. We speak for hours, more than once I have fallen asleep while we have still been on the call. For the first time in a long time my life feels full. Everything is going great, work is good, I have a great social life, my love life is improving too now I just need to fix things with my family.

........

"I told you we should have upgraded to first class, these seats are tiny"

"I don't have 6 grand to spend on a plane ticket and unless you're the new James bond then you can't afford it either"

"rose that's what credit cards are for" I honestly don't Want to see his visa bill if he uses his credit card that lightly.

He isn't wrong about the seats, they're not the biggest and they're not that comfortable. I pull out some water from my bag and a magazine although I know with ethan by my side I won't get much time to read. Ethan likes to talk, I feel sorry for the guy on the other side of him.

"do you think we will see Donald trump"

"what, why would we see Donald trump"

"well he's the president isn't he, I mean he's gonna be around right"

The man to Ethan's right laughs before I can. "you do know that America is huge, you're not just gonna bump into the president walking down the street"

Ethan sighs and looks disappointed, sometimes I worry about that man.

The captain starts to speak and ethan turns from me and gives the captain his full attention. His eyes grow large and his jaw drops, he looks like he's seen a ghost.

"you didn't tell me it was a 16 hour flight" he seethes.

"you mean you didn't know"

"hell no I wouldn't have offered to come if I had, I thought it was on the other side of Ireland"

Once again the man beside ethan laughs before I do, my friend really is a character.

"at least you're pretty" I tell him as I stroke his face.