3

I can hear ethans keys in the lock as he returns home, I glance at the clock and see its almost midnight. I debate pretending that I'm asleep so I don't have to hear about ark but I guess its better to just get it over with. By the way he stumbles into the room it's clear he's a little tipsy.

"hey are you awake" he asks gently.

I sit up and nod. I couldn't sleep if I tried. I've been reminiscing about the past for ours. I just can't switch off.

" you will never guess who I met" he's clearly excited, I guess I will have to fake excitement too.

"the drummer from ryder" I hadn't meant for that to sound as sarcastic as it did, luckily ethan doesn't notice.

He shakes his head, in confused. I had heard them speaking so I know they had met.

"I met the whole band" he's practically jumping he's so excited.

"they were all there, all 4 of them. Are they still there " I ask, hoping they are

He nods, I don't know what comes over me but I jump up from the bed and get dressed.

"what are you doing, you don't even like them"

"no I just don't like the drummer" I clarify

He raises a perfectly plucked eyebrow at me. "what am I missing"

"ill explain later, are you coming"

He runs after me as I leave the flat, he's clearly confused and I can't say I blame him.

"what have you got against drummers"

"I have nothing against drummers in general just this one"

I don't know why I'm going back to the bronze, yes I will be able to see ludo but it also means I will have to see ark. Ludo and I have kept in contact over the years but I havebt seen him. I won't allow ark to deny me of seeing him. To say ludo and I speak often is an understatement, we talk on the phone every other day. He's been trying to convince me to visit him since I left, he made it clear he would come and visit me but I had been so scared he would tell ark where I was. What was I thinking, its not like ark is still searching for me.

When I first moved to the UK I had heard from my family that he kept trying to find my location but after a few months he finally lost interest

I notice ludo the moment I open the door to the bar, his blonde hair is tied in a small ponytail and he's supporting his usual ripped vest. I sneak behind him and tap his shoulder. In an odd way it like I'm home, I missed him so much. We had gotten so close over the last few years, he's basically my best friend.

"how about buying me a drink" I whisper in his ear. I bite my lip and wait for him to notice me

He doesn't recognise my voice, he turns around and I can feel his annoyance but it quickly vanishes when he sees me. His eyes are like plates, he looks shocked. Finally he smiles and pulls me off the ground. He turns me in the air and I see ethan looking at us, he's truly lost. I have so much to tell him.

"arks here" he says quietly as he lowers me. He looks across the bar nervously, he probably thinks I will bolt it if I see my ex

"I know I saw him earlier"

"you did, what did he say? He looks surprised.

" I ran before he saw me, I only came back cos I heard you were here"

He hugs me tightly "do you want to get out of here before he sees you"

"you would leave"

"yeah, come on" he grabs my hand and pulls me from the bar. I follow him happily, London suddenly feels more like home now my friend is here.