(6) - BINGO

Jayda stood in the kitchen, lazily preparing Zaire's dinner as her mind wandered to this last night

Jayda stood in the kitchen, lazily preparing Zaire's dinner as her mind wandered to this last night. She couldn't understand what was going on and why, but her mind  drifted to  Kane. She didn't know what to do after running into Malik at Kane's apartment. She didn't understand what problem was going on between them but instantly became a problem. What ended up with her just picking up her birth control pills from his place ended up with her life being on the line.

"You know since he's not here, let's do a trade. A life for a life." His voice echoed in her head as she took a deep breath fixing her face and posture and picked up both plates of cajun chicken and shrimp pasta.

Zaire glanced at her as she shyly smiled at him, making him stand from the couch as he helped her.

"You know I got it." she deflected him walking around him and placed both plates on the coffee table then dropped onto the couch and heavily sighed.

After Kane leaving, Jayda spent the entire day cleaning, something she'd always done when she worried. Zaire seemed to calm after seeing a man he never met ask for his fiance. She knew that he knew about it, Zaire wasn't the type to ask stupid and not say a word. It just made her worry and think why he was taking so long to talk to her about it. She went through a complete night's sleep, morning and now it was almost time for bed and he still haven't said a word.

"White or red?" He asked, taking as he open the wine fridge as the light popped on as he read through the list of wines they kept stored.

"Wh-"

Her phone suddenly vibrated as she looked at the screen flash of Maybe: Kane as she rolled her eyes double pressing the side button.

She couldn't give in, not now at the least.

"wine for my beautiful queen." Zaire kneeled in front of Jayda as she smiled, holding the slightly chilled wine glass as he poured red wine into her glass as she slightly pouted.

Her phone rang again as Kane's second number flashed on her screen as she flipped the phone over, sighing.

"So you ready to talk about  it?" He asked as he scooted the table towards them as he reached for the second cup of Remy he poured today.

Jayda reached down as she ripped a piece of garlic bread and popped it into her mouth.

"About what?" she muffled covering her mouth as her phone vibrated again now catching Zaire's attention as he quickly flipped her phone over as text messages popped up on her screen.

He didn't expect for the woman he loved for almost four years to be involved with someone else. It just didn't process in his head that something that he thought was perfect to him, wasn't so perfect to Jayda.

"That," He nodded over at her cell phone as Kane's face flashed on the home screen making Jayda snatch her phone lodging it between the cushions.

Zaire shook his head in disappointment as he grabbed his fork, "I don't even want to look in there. You know I've never been the type to hold you down." He twirled the pasta around the fork before stopping to face Jayda.