(5)- Roomies

"I thought you don't give bitches your key?" Niko spoke as they both walked up the driveway to the modern style mansion home

"I don't, it was just one time." Kane started as he shook his head in disgust, thinking about how he let Jayda slip by having his key for so long.

He gave it to her when he had an endless night at the club to the point where Niko had to cut him off and security escorted him out. Jayda was the only person he maintained to contact or mattered to even answer that night, that's when he gave her his spare key. Kane had surveillance of anybody who walked in front of his front door and from every night he came home and checked the cameras, she was never there. What out of all days wanted her to come back that day, why not call him like the other times?

Before leaving the county he had one last thing to do and that was to figure out why Jayda wanted to pop up and set her straight.

He always told her that he would never pull up to the home she shared with his fiance, but Jayda really put her in a deeper spot than before. As if already fleeing along with Zela was already stressful enough, he didn't want to add her to the equation.

"Shit," Niko mumbled as he looked at the text one of their runners sent to him.

Niko couldn't even think about sending Zela and Ericka alone at the car track, so he had one of their runners watch over them while they were there. The car track was just as crazy as the club and he wanted nothing going on, not if he could stop it. He mostly asked for help because of Ericka. He saw her as the outspoken, free-spirited friend and just felt like her actions alone would put them into some shit.

Kane groaned annoyed again knowing that it was another update on Zela and Ericka already giving him an unwanted headache.

"Don't even tell me, they'll figure it out on their own," Kane answered as they finally reached the all black door.

He knocked twice taking a step back adjusting his creme colored dress shirt adjusting his cuff. The door opened as her fiance opened the door. Kane looked at him and smirked. He definitely understood why Jayda loved to call him for satisfaction. Her fiance was an average joe, he had no muscle, his glasses loosely fell to his nose as he held the folders loosely in his hand.

"Can I help you?" He answered as he adjusted his glasses, looking at both Niko and Kane, clueless why these men who were clearly involved in something dangerous were looking him right in the face.

Zaire never expected guests since he was rarely home and with his absence in the house, that meant his fiance, Jayda would spend countless nights at her parent's house. This was their first time getting guests in the three years that they have been living in their home. It wasn't his first choice to live here, but he was told under strict orders from his parents.

"Is Jayda here?" Kane asked as Zaire looked over at him, puzzled why someone was asking for his fiance.

Zaire made it his business to know anyone who Jayda spoke to or hung out with on a day-to-day basis, and Kane barely even came to mind. Plus, it was late at night and they already lived in a neighborhood where visitors rarely visited past ten pm.