011 ⎯⎯ Dribble and Pirouette

ابدأ من البداية

     However, their conversation was cut short after Miss Jenn yelled out, "Places for the top of the ski lodge!"

     Megara was thankful that Carlos had no idea that she could also dance, or else she would also become subject to the torture that was the blindfolded dancing going on in the middle of the bomb shelter.  Megara's jaw nearly fell open when her eyes laid upon her blonde best friend Savannah, twirling around in the middle of a sea of dancers — all blindfolded.

     "Carlos, when can we take the blindfolds off?" someone asked.  Beads of sweat hit the floor as they all bumped into each other repeatedly.

     "When you can dribble and pirouette at the same time," Carlos answered.  "Come on.  Try again."

CARLOS: It's important to set up impossible situations in rehearsal.  That way, by opening night, they've been through every possible emergency scenario.  Someone has a heart attack?  Keep dancing.  The sound system goes out because of a tornado?  Keep dancing.

RITA: He's insane, but I respect it.  Plus, watching Savannah as a backup dancer has never been more fun.

MEGARA: Dance moms much?

     "How long has this been going on?" Megara leaned closer to Rita, who was sitting on the bleachers and had been recording Savannah with her red iPhone.

     "I don't know, it's been a while," Rita stopped recording whenever Savannah stopped twirling and walked off to the side to fetch her water bottle.  "Where's your other half?"

     Megara furrowed her brows.  "Who, Ricky?  Hell if I know, maybe getting snacks from the vending machines or something?" Megara shrugged.  "Where's your sister?"

     "Carlos let her go home early, I think this composing thing is getting to her," Rita said truthfully.  "She's been working at it all day though, and she's getting really good at it, so I think she's gonna be just fine.  She just needs to..."

     "Get her head in the game?" Megara finished.

     Rita nodded.  "Yes, exactly."

     "Yeah, well... that makes two of us," Megara sunk her chin into the palm of her hand as she watched over the other kids rehearsing in the bunk shelter.

     The two sat in a good silence for a moment before another person came through the doors — this time Megara could smell their body cologne from a mile away.  She hummed.  She'd know who that was even if she were blind.  "Hey, speak of the devil."

     Ricky grinned as he skipped towards the girls on the bench.  "Hey, just the girl I wanted to see."

     Rita furrowed her eyebrows as she watched Megara roll her sleeves over her fingers and tilt her head towards the curly-haired boy.  "Que Pasa?"

     Digging his hands into the pockets of his orange and dark red hoodie, Ricky huffed.  "Do you wanna get food after... this?" he motioned to the dancers behind him, production was slow.  "Rita, you can come too, if you want."

     "How delightful," Rita said in a monotone voice.

     Megara turned to look at her friend briefly before returning her gaze back to Ricky.  She returned his smile as she saw his eyebrows were raised, hesitantly awaiting a response.  "I thought you'd never ask."

#JJ
the fake dating starts now BYEEEE