017 ⎯⎯ When There Was Me And You

— act two, scene seven: when there was me and you

act two, scene seven: when there was me and you

༺♥༻

     "Are we rocking with the hat?" Megara asked Rita and Savannah as she stepped out from behind the curtain to reveal one of the costumes she'd be wearing during the play.  The dark-haired Latina looked like she had stepped right out of a 2000's movie — and honestly — was pretty close to Kelsi's look.  All she needed was lighter hair, but with white pants, a red tank top, and a sheer white sash tied at her waist, she wasn't too far off.

     "Oh my God, yes, you look like a Bratz doll!" Rita exclaimed as Savannah clapped her hands together and squealed.

     "Uh, yeah, until I put these on," Megara said, bringing thin framed glasses to her face.

     "Aww," Savannah wrapped her arms around Megara's figure.  "My little baby's in the musical!"

     "She's not supposed to be here," EJ walked by, lazily pointing in Rita's direction.  "All rehearsals are closed, remember?"

     Rita's smile faded.  "Is that true, should I leave?  K.C. said she needed emotional support, but I never asked Miss Jenn."

     Savannah rolled her eyes.  "Don't mind him, he's got his panties in a twist 'cause his date ditched him last night," she turned to see EJ was still standing there, facing her.  The other two girls fell silent as they watched the two send glares back and forth.  Finally, Savannah just stuck her tongue out at him, looking not a day older than five as she did.  To Rita and Megara's surprise, he did just the same but with wilder eyes before storming away.

     "Are you sure working together is such a good idea?" Megara propositioned the fated question everyone had somehow managed to hold in since the beginning of rehearsal for the play.

     Savannah wiggled her arms, awkwardly shrugging off the topic.  "It's fine.  It's just slightly more difficult than it was before, with two huge personalities on stage.  Not all of us are as lucky as you."

     Wrinkles formed on her forehead as Megara knitted her eyebrows together.  "What do you mean?"

     Before Savannah could speak, a set of thin but firm arms wrapped around Megara's waist from behind, slightly scaring her and making her heart rate go up.  "Hey, there's my playmaker," Ricky said, rocking the girl from side to side.

     When he loosened his grip on her, Megara turned to face him, understanding the horror on her friends' faces.  "Oh my..."

     "Pretty good, right?"

     Megara couldn't help but laugh.  Not even the awkward chuckle, but the deep laughter that came from the bottom of her stomach.  "Oh my God!  No yeah, you look the best.  It is serving Troy," she managed to say between laughs.