018 ⎯⎯ What Team?

— act two, scene eight: what team?

act two, scene eight: what team?

༺♥༻

     "It's weird not being at rehearsal.  How stupid is that?" Ricky shook his head, letting his question fill the air as Big Red and Megara listened.

     "What if we just did the show without her?" Big Red asked the two.

     Megara huffed as she sat back on the couch.  "That's not the worst idea."

     "We can't even take a picture without her," Ricky scoffed.  "No offence."

     "Nah, you're right, dude," Big Red nodded.  Footsteps were heard faintly from upstairs.  "Down here, Kaden!"

     "Hope it's cool.  I invited Stef and Rico," Kaden said. 

     "What's up, guys?" Ricky uncrossed his legs.  

     "When you didn't text back, I reached out to some peeps," Big Red explained.  I wanted some company tonight."

     "Makes sense," Megara said quietly.  "You can sit here if you'd like," she gestured to the space near her as the other teens waddled over and made themselves comfortable in Big Red's basement.

     When the doorbell rang faintly, Big Red yelled out.  "It's open?"

     "Hey, guys," Ashlyn pulled an earbud out of her ear as Savannah trailed in behind her.  Savannah opened her palm and waved.

     "Okay, how many people are coming?" Ricky asked with a slight chuckle, either already annoyed or easily confused.  Knowing Ricky, it could be either.

     "That should be it," Big Red said.

     "Actually, give it a minute," Ashlyn awkwardly smiled.  Megara pressed her lips together firmly as she awaited more bodies.

     "This is a terrible party," Natalie said, breaking the silence in the near-packed basement.  "There aren't even pretzels."  Megara sent her a glare, her droopy eyelids signaling that she was nowhere near in the mood for Natalie's comments today.  "What are we all doing here?"