meechonmars- blue paint

meech's real name is demetrius harmon.
vote + comment and give feedback . i really do hate writing smut but this chapter has some.

——

crystal's pov

here, i sat in one of my favorite places. a garage that a few local artists came to paint, draw and express themselves.i was usually here by myself when i came but today was different.

today, i was accompanied by a man, just about the same age as me. somewhere in our early 20s. we obviously had a few things in common.

we both like to paint over other art techniques, at least I know i do and it seemed like he did too seeing that was his choice today.

as I walked in and closed the door to prevent it getting cold i gave him a tight lipped smile, and giving a small wave in which he returned.

i sat on the other side of the garage so we'd both have space. i'm sure he probably didn't want anybody all up in his bubble.

i took out my canvas, paint and small plastic covering. I layed out the plastic cover on the floor and put my supplies down.

due to all the unfortunate things that have happened, are happening , and will continue to happen in america and the world to black people. i felt obligated to draw my people, two black brothers.

i decided my focus color would be blue, my favorite. i put in my earphones and put on some soft music and i hummed to it, trying not to distrube the guy.

——

after a few hours, i had finished my painting and the mysterious guy was just starting a new one, giving his other one time to dry.

i didn't want to startle him and make him mess up so i waited for him to put the brush down before letting out a soft. "uh, hey."

he looked up and smiled, "hello, i'm demetrius but i go by meech. and you are? i'd love to match a name to your beautiful face."

i let a blush spread across my cheeks. no way this man i just learned the name of made me blush like this. "i like that name, i'm crystal."

i stood up for a handshake in which he did too and gave my hand a firm shake. different colors of paint transferred from one another's hands as we laughed it off.

"if you don't mind, can you look at my painting. there's usually no body else in here and i would like another point of view."  i asked him politely.

"of course, but only if you do the same for me." he said back.

i nodded in acknowledgment as we both carefully grabbed our paintings that werent fully dry.

"ladies first." he told me, gesturing towards me.

i showed him my work, i was proud of it. "what do you think?"

 "what do you think?"