derrick rose-teams

requested, sorry this took so long. i usually try to get requests done quite fast , but my stupid self forgot about it

——

joy's pov

"congrats on your oscar from last weeks awards ceremony." the interviewer congratulated.

"Thank you, it means a lot." i am an actor , with a little modeling on the side. i had won my second oscar last week, with hopefully more to come. i worked incredibly hard to be where i am.

"so, what about your love life? any lucky person?" she asked.

i knew this was coming, i felt like they really didn't care about me or my career, it was always my personal life. i don't think it's bad to want to know more about people you might look up to , but i knew this wasn't the case.

normally, my real fans who were curious would ask nicely, or after i would bring it up in my own.

i had been in this situation way to many times before. they would try to butter me up with compliments or lead me up with normal questions and then try to sway into my love life and who I may or may not be messing with.

sometimes, journalists and interviewers wrote their own questions and other times , they were given a set to ask. i never really tried to be rude cause i didn't know which one it was.

"uhm," i started, "i know you have a reason that you're asking, what do you know?"

"well, you know there are some rumors floating around of maybe some off set romance between you and micheal evans behling," which wasn't true, strictly business. i was only his love interest on set , and that's it. "and also , seemingly flirtatious interactions between you and nba star derrick rose."

now, that one on the other hand.....

"care to deny or confirm any of those, or propose a new person."

i thought for a second, i didn't want to flat out just say no, because that might ruin the atmosphere of the interview, which was going good so far, and make it awkward to continue. i didn't want to just say no to the micheal speculation because that would make it obvious that derrick was more likely to be true. then, i didn't want to confirm derrick because he wasn't here and i didn't know his opinion.

we met 3 years ago, and we started dating a year ago almost. he was ready to go public, i wasn't. i didn't want to deal with hostility but I think it's time soon. especially now since suspicions are growing larger.

i decided not to say anything and ask derrick about it later. " i'll leave the curious minds wondering."

good save bitch

——

luckily, the rest of the interview went great. it wasn't too awkward or anything. this would be airing later today, so i was prepared for the dms, comments and messages to be on 100%. i could smell the shaderoom posts from here.

"how about this, let us know which team you're shipping. #teammichael, #teamderrick or someone completely different with #teammystery."

oh.

the only thing i could hope for was for micheal not to say anything before derrick and i could come to an agreement.

——

"babe!" i called out, knocking on the door of our shared workout room. the interview had dropped hours ago, and it was already growing more popular and the hashtags were starting to trend.

"yeah?" he responded, i slowly opened the door, pecking his lips quickly.

"have you been on social media today?" i asked him as he slowed down the treadmill.

"no, why? what's wrong?"

"i figured," he wasn't really on social media while he was working out, usually just listening to music or with his phone completely somewhere else . "nothing is wrong, you know the interview i had earlier is starting to trend."

he nodded, wanting me to say more. trending doesn't always mean bad. "go on."

"and, the interviewer brought up my love life and rumors about who i'm with. everybody is talking about it, they're having whole ass debates and arguing to see if it's you , michael, or some mystery person."

he understood now, he knew my stance on the whole public relationship stance.

"the only reason i didn't say anything was because i wanted to talk to you. what do you want to do?" i asked, already knowing.

"well, of course i want to go public . we can do it sometime this week, give them something to be talking about."

i agreed. i feel like it's going to be even more messy cause it's the crazy shippers , but i wanted to finally be public with my baby too. i honestly hoped they would forget about it.

derrick kissed me , bringing me out of my thoughts for a second. "i'll be upstairs soon, I love you."

"i love you , too."

——

by the end of the week, the hype was finally starting to die down. "i'm ready now, people are starting to quiet down. we can just go public and then they can go crazy again and it'll all be fine again." i spoke to derrick as he laid on my chest and I played in his hair.

"alright, how do you want to do it?"

"let's do a video." i suggested.

"i'm fine with that. you should start it being all suspenseful."

"got it." i went over to my vanity to get good light and make sure i didn't look crazy. i didn't really care to get all jazzed up but that doesn't mean i need millions of people to see me looking raggedy.

"so, the reveal you've all been waiting for." i paused but i started laughing cause I felt like it was cringe. derrick started laughing too, in the back.

"hurry up!" he was still laughing at me

"you're the one who told me to be suspenseful!" i giggled, turning to the camera again. "you ruined the surprise , i don't feel like starting over, come here."

he listened coming over to me and kissing my lips. "you guessed it, she on 'TeAm DeRrIcK' to the day she die, thanks." he mocked. i smiled at him, ending the video.

i posted the video, feeling relief wash over me. i feel like the video was better, it captured of relationship better and it wasn't some cringey video.

"we should celebrate."

"by doing what?"

"you know what, come on." he picked me up walking to the bed as i laughed.

——

hope y'all liked this corny imagine, it's cute tho . what y'all be calling it , fLuFf