marcus scribner-oops

dejah's pov

i put my fruits back into the fridge, grabbing my bowl and fork off the counter before going to my living room.

i was watching TV, waiting for my boyfriend of 3 years to come back home.

lately, he had been distant and conservative. we didn't talk as much, nor show affection as much and he was always gone.

i know he's cheating on me. i'm no idiot. he always has the same excuses. traffic, work, and his friends holding him up.

last time i checked he worked with mostly males and his friends are all males too. i don't know why but i doubt they all wear strong, cheap perfume, the same one at that. and i surely don't think "the bros" leave big ass hickeys on his neck.

i heard the door open and close before a loud sigh came to my ears. i smacked my teeth, turning around.

marcus was there but he seemed uninterested and annoyed. it hurt me to see that he really fell out of love with me. but it hurt me more that he said nothing and cheated instead.

i looked at him with a blank expression as his face softened. "i'm sorry, i just had a long day with the boys. working on some stuff." he hugged me but i didn't hug him back.

"what type of stuff?" i asked. "i want to know what's you've been doing for so long."

"you know, the usual."

"no, i actually don't.  thats why I asked you." i snapped.

"Working on, uh, this new client. she needs some work done on her house."

"mhm, so where in that did you get those hickeys or which on of your little friends was wearing that walmart perfume. you was hugged up with him?" i looked at him as he stayed silent, "that's exactly what i thought. it seems like that 'client' of yours, isn't a client. it's some bitch you're cheating on me with. am i right or am i right?"

he opened his mouth to say something, but words didn't come out. he just closed his eyes and sighed. "you're right, i'm sorry."

of course i was right, i knew i was. but hearing him say it just hurt me way more. "well, saying sorry didn't fix shit. you better hope that girl gon let you stay at her house."

"she lives with her parents."

"first of all, didn't ask. second, you just letting all her business out. third, that's tough for you. get a hotel. but you got a hour to pack as much of your stuff as you can and you can come back and get the rest tomorrow."

"come on, baby-dont be like that."

"baby? who's that? that's not me, it's dejah, to you. like i said , pack." i walked past him to the couch.

of course i seemed unbothered but it really did hurt me that i wasn't enough for him.

he stared at me before shaking his head and walking upstairs.

an hour later, he had some of his stuff packed and i went upstairs to tell him to get out.

"your time is up, get whatever and get out." he stood up, walking closer to me. it seemed like i was being overly harsh but cheating for months is more harsh. at least in my book.

"back up, and while you're at it, take off them shoes because last time i checked, i payed for them. i'm pretty sure i payed for your whole outfit but you lucky i won't make you go outside with nothing."

"the shoes? have a heart, come on."

"the cheating? the lying? have a heart, come on and take my shit off."

he took the shoes off, grabbing his slides that he payed for this time. "bye, i love you." that was the first time i've heard that in weeks.

"no, you don't, and i don't love you either." i bluntly said. it sounded cold but it's what he deserves and it's what i meant.

"why are you still standing there? get out of my house." a tear rolled down his face as he walked out.

that made me happy, seeing him cry. i had so many nights where i cried and cried and it was time i returned the favor.

——

thats it, no part two. i hate when authors make the girl all dumb to get back with a cheater thirty times.

revised.