33- Meeting

Her POV

"I have a meeting with everyone today and after that we're going through our schedules for the week." He says as we walk into the building.

He insisted on me coming with him even though I told him I'd be fine.

Sigh

We stop by at the breakfast spread in the dining room, grabbing coffees and making quick sandwiches before heading to his studio.

He scarfs down his sandwich and grabs his notebook before giving me a kiss.

"I'll be back in a couple of hours okay?" He says as the door opens

"Namjoon! You ready- oh, Ayanna! Hello!" Says Hobi as he sticks his head in giving me a little wave before telling me he'd be back in a while too.

Feeling cozy on the couch, I read a book on my phone, while waiting.

Namjoon's POV

We had finished discussing everything for the week. I look at my watch. It had been an hour and a half.
I get up to leave when manager nim comes over and tells me to stay back.
"PD-nim wants to talk to you-" he says as Bang PD-nim comes over to my seat and sits next to me. The guys give me encouraging looks before leaving, even though they desperately want to stay, evident by the herding manager-nim has to do to get them out.

"Namjoon-ah we need to talk about this entire mess"

"What mess?"

"Almost everyone everywhere thinks that you're dating. And we think it might negatively impact the comeback if it comes out because of a report by dispatch or something like that."

He pauses and looks at me, waiting for me to interject. But I don't

"And if we confirm the rumours, it could affect the comeback again. Some people might brush it off as a publicity stunt, most of your fans have made peace with it, but negativity spreads fast and I don't want anything else on your mind in this crucial time-"

"What do we do? Do you have any ideas?" I say with a sigh "because anything we do seems to affect the comeback. And don't mind the effects that'll affect me. I can manage it. Please consider an option that affects the group the least. They don't deserve to be impacted because of my selfishness."

"That would mean that we announce it, because there's no point in hiding it anymore. We have been trying to dodge it for a while, but the fact that some people managed to take pictures of you getting out of the hospital with her just made it worse-"

Gosh darn these camera phones-

"I am telling you to brace yourself for the worst. I know that we lifted the dating ban a while back, but that doesn't mean people will take it well, okay? Don't let it get to you-" he says as he pats my back.

It was all bound to happen anyway. And this would mean that I won't have to hide her away anymore. That we could go out together.

But she would be under constant watch. Every movement she makes, anything she wears. Everything will be scrutinized-

Sigh

No one said this would be easy

"How are you gonna do it?"

"Oh the standard announcement-"

"When?"

"How does the day after tomorrow sound? The earlier the better, because it will die down a bit before the comeback"

"Okay-" I say as he proceeds to walk out of the room, coordinating the details.

It's too early to tell whether this is a wise  decision or not.
I can't tell if this is good or bad

I steel myself and walk out of the room, making my way to the studio. I hear laughter from the inside.
I open the door to find all the guys draped on the various chairs and sofas, Yoongi taking my chair, Jimin and Hobi next to Ayanna with taehyung on the armrest, Jin on a cushion on the floor with Jungkook. They all look at me when I enter.
"Aren't y'all supposed to be taking your breaks before we start with the choreography?" I say as I plop down on the floor

"What is THAT supposed to mean?!" Ayanna says with an air of drama, holding her hand up to her chest in hurt

"Why did PD-nim want to talk to you?" Yoongi asks as he swirls his drink.

Everyone looks at me with concern and curiosity.

I sigh and rub the back of my neck before saying
"Umm can you guys let me talk to Anna for a minute? I'll fill y'all in before we start later, okay?"

They all reluctantly agree and go out of the room, giving me and Ayanna encouraging smiles. I get up and sit next to her on the sofa. She looks at me with an indiscernible expression.

It's her *whatever you're gonna tell me, we'll get through it together look*. I take a deep breath and reach out for her hand before saying

"They're planning on announcing that we're dating."

I see her stiffen and zone out, her eyes unfocusing, her thoughts whizzing a mile a minute

Her POV

I mean I saw this coming.
But it felt nice
Keeping it a secret
What will the repercussions be of this-

"Ayanna...?"
That snaps me out of it as I look at Namjoon, who's looking at me expectantly.
I smile before saying "Well, at least we won't have to be on stealth mode all the time I guess-"
He lets out a sigh of relief before pulling me closer

"This is going to be hard my love. You know how people get when any idol announces. You're gonna have to listen to so many things. Just know I'm here okay? And remember, what random people say doesn't matter."

"Aish Namjoon don't worry about me. I'll be fine!" I say with a reassuring smile
"Umm also- you're gonna have a meeting tomorrow with PD nim and others. Since our relationship will be made public, you're gonna need security and the like. I'm so sorry you have to deal with all this-"

"Shush" I say as I squeeze his hand "I knew this was coming. I knew this is what would happen. Don't worry about it. I'll do whatever it takes to stay by your side~"  giving him a peck on his cheek
Before I remember-

Namjoon's POV

She gets up with a start and points at the door.
"Don't you have practice?! Go! Shoo!"

"Alright alright!" I say as she gently ushers me out the door.

"Don't be back till you've perfected the choreo or whatever it is you're doing today!" She says once I'm out the door.
I stop her from closing it and kiss her, her eyes going wide before she pushes me away

"You don't get any kisses till you're done!"

I laugh as I give up and make my way to the studio
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Please vote and comment! It really makes my day when I see people reading and interacting with the book! I love each comment and insight y'all give...

-M