27- Moving

Her POV

"Call us once you reach!" My mum says as she fiddles with my shirt and hair

"Call me once you get your boarding pass,once you're through security and then again once you board the flight, okay?"

*Sigh* they'll never stop being overprotective.
I smile as I nod my head and affirm that I've got everything and that I will constantly call then.
I check in my luggage and finish security before settling down in one of the lounge chairs. My phone rings and it's Namjoon

"Are you done with security?"

"Yup"

"Okay, there will be a car to pick you up and take you to your apartment. It's close to our dorm and I'll visit you tonight for dinner okay?"

"Can't you wait till tomorrow? I'll be reaching pretty late and I'll be a mess-"

"Exactly. I'm going to bring you your first meal in Korea and we're both gonna eat together whether you like it or not! Plus I've been waiting for you for over a month now!"

"Wait a little longer Joonie~" I whisper into the phone.

"Ohh jagiya I don't think I can~" he says, leaning into the camera

I can't help but laugh as I hear them call for boarding

"Oh I need to go right now okay Joonie? See you tonight then!"

....

I step into the apartment that was to be my home. It was pretty bare bones with an open floor plan and two bedrooms with an attached bath each, all the furniture included and a TV too. I wasn't complaining at all. It was more than adequate for me. I drop all my bags and couple of cardboard boxes in the living room and proceed to take a shower.

The first order of business was taking out my speaker and playing music to make this feel more like home. I was glad Namjoon was coming over, I was starting to feel a bit homesick.

As if on que, the doorbell rings and I see Namjoon standing outside holding a hand behind his back and waving a takeout bag with the other. I open the door and he enters, wrapping me in a hug before pushing a potted plant in a white ceramic pot towards me.

"Take it before I drop it!"

I take it and he puts his hand over my shoulder, giving a kiss on my cheek  as we move to the dining table.

Namjoon's POV

I had to resist the urge to hold onto her forever when we hugged.

And I don't know how I managed to not break that pot for over a week now.

But I was happy she had something to remember me by in her new house.

I take out the jjajangmyeon and tell her that the first meal in a new house is usually jjajangmyeon.

"Well you learn something new everyday!" She says as she snaps the chopsticks and we start to eat.

Just being near her felt so much better.

I felt refreshed after an almost entire day of work. She didn't stop smiling either, sneaking glances at me

"I was very tempted to bring wine-"

"NO HO HO NAMJOON THAT ISN'T HAPPENING AGAIN"

"But I figured we both need to work tomorrow so-"

"I'm never drinking again"

"Drunk you is so cute though"

"Eww no- Wait- am I not cute otherwise?!"

"You want to be called cute now? I thought that wasnt something YOU would like"

"well-I-mean-I-wouldn't-mind-it-coming- from-you-" she says in a tiny voice.

I make a mock perplexed look, raising an eyebrow and smiling

"Oh don't make me regret saying that"
She says as she rolls her eyes

Her POV

"Jagiya~ of course you're cute all the time..." he says with an adorkable smile.

I had to resist the urge to smile like an idiot.

"So, how's work going?"

"Since we're actually starting to work on the songs now it's getting a bit busy but not too bad."

"Entire days in the studio?"

"Entire days in the studio."

"Did you get any sleep in the past 24 hours?" I say, noticing that he's tired, once all te excitement of meeting each other wore off.

He chuckles nervously
"Am I that obvious?"

"That's it, we're sleeping now." I say as I get up and clean up the table.

He passes out almost immediately after hitting the bed. I couldn't help but take a couple of pictures before sleeping too.

....

The date is the third of September.
I take a deep breath as I walk into the building.

Namjoon left before me cause the last thing we needed here was us entering the building together. And I wore a mask and cap just to be safe too. But with my skin colour and height, it was hard to blend in.

The studios were higher up, the offices at a middle height.

It felt comforting that he was just a few floors up. And I had been given clearance to visit too, since everyone knew at this point, whether I liked it or not.
Just not during working hours.
I wouldn't do that either.
It would be unprofessional.

The creative development offices were pretty open and bright. A happy creative space, with vague cubicles to demarcate the spaces, cork boards at various intervals with concepts and inspiration for the next album. By the end of the day I had settled in. I was already up to date with the work to be done, so it was just a matter of setting up my workspace.

....

"My coworkers seem nice enough. I mean I caught a bunch of them giving me dirty stares but nobody outright said anything. I guess I'll have to earn their respect, which I would have had to do anyway so it's fine" I say as I slurp some ramen

We're in his studio. He called me up once my hours were done and I went up with some food.

He looks at me skeptically before saying
"Ahh I'm sure you'll manage to blow them away soon enough. I've seen you work before"

"You seem to know a lot about me, Mr Kim Namjoon" I say teasingly, leaning forward on the sofa

He leans forward on his chair, a hair's breadth from my face

"I told you you'd pay if you addressed me like that~"

"Make me~"

He has a smirk on his face as he takes my cup from my hands and sets his own down on his desk. He tentatively takes a few steps towards me and I look at him, challenging him with a smile of my own.

He stops in his tracks when we hear someone knocking the door.

"Namjoon?" Hobi says as he opens the door "Oh hi Ayanna! How's Korea so far? You didn't come to say hi!" He says as he pulls me in for a hug and tries to shake the answers out of me

"Well she's only been here for a day-"

"Have you met the others yet?"

"Nope. I just got off work a couple of hours back."

"We're going to have dinner, would you like to join? I'm pretty sure they all want to meet you" he says as he pulls my hand and leads me, Namjoon grabbing the ramen cups to throw away as we make our way to the dining room on the same floor.
.
.
.
.
.
..
.
.
Please vote and comment! It really makes my day when I see people reading and interacting with the book! I love each comment and insight y'all give...

-M