Taehyung sniffled. "Why'd you help him, Jiminie?" 

Jimin faltered, hesitance creeping into his movements, none too deaf to the glimmer of disbelief snaking into Taehyung's words. Though, the younger still reached for Jimin's hand, squeezing it, able to recognize the fear wafting off his friend. Jimin squeezed back, gripping Taehyung's palm like a vice. 

"Tae, what do I always tell you?" 

Taehyung scrunched his nose thoughtfully. "That you'll always be here to protect me." The brunette mumbled, unsure the relevance said statement had to the situation but a certain nostalgia overtaking him nonetheless. 

Jimin hummed, gingerly resting his head on Taehyung's tuft of soft, chocolate locks. Taehyung could feel Jimin quivering through the thin material of his shirt and he nuzzled the older male's collar bone. 

Jimin breathed shakily. "My parents kicked me out, Tae." He whispered, the revelation causing a soft gasp to fall from Taehyung's lips. Otherwise, he said nothing, knowing Jimin was not finished as he nervously scratched at the patch in his jeans. 

"You know how they are; painfully strict and hellbent on me going to medical school." Jimin said, his tone light, attempting at humor, but poorly masking the undertone of deep misery which bled through. "When we met, I had just joined that underground dance group. Remember I took you there a few times?" 

Taehyung nodded, hair tickling Jimin's chin. "I was coming home from practice" Jimin remarked, the ghost of a smile on his lips as he curled further into the curve of Taehyung's body. "And there you were, this tiny kid, chasing a goddamn butterfly down the street." 

Taehyung giggled softly, heart lightening at the memory. "You were taller than me then. Caught the butterfly for me, and helped me name it. Then you took me home and promised to meet me there the night after when I refused to let go of your hand. I know this story, why are you telling me again?" 

Jimin sighed, breath stirring Taehyung's hair. "Because I want you to understand. You know better than anybody how much I hated the pressure my parents were putting on me, how the harder they pushed, the harder I rebelled. They kicked me out three years ago once my grades had dropped to D's." Jimin chuckled dryly. "I don't think I'll ever forget the disappointment in Dad's eyes when he told me to never step foot in his house again, that he couldn't believe he'd birthed such a failure." 

Taehyung whimpered, heart aching for his best friend as he wound one hand tightly around his waist, comfortingly. "Why didn't you tell me?" 

Jimin huffed fondly. "I didn't want to worry you. Let's not forget how much of a wreck you were back then too, Taehyungie. I refused to put anymore stress on you." Jimin answered sincerely, no hint of pity in his tone, only gentle consolation. 

"Besides" Jimin said, tone brightening, though he maintained the easy tenderness. "Yoongi found me not long after." Jimin inhaled deeply, voice emotional when he continued again. "They didn't hesitate to take me in, Tae, didn't even blink. They're my family now. You're my family too and I promised to always protect you." 

"Then why did you bring me here!" Taehyung suddenly yelled, not comprehending how kidnapping him meant protecting him. "I need to be there for-." Taehyung choked, unable to voice the words as his eyes welled up. Jimin watched him with sorrowed, caring eyes, misted over with empathetic pain. 

"Taehyungie" He cooed, gathering the now silently crying male further into his arms, embracing him tightly. "We both know you could leave that house, for good if you wanted to. Tae-woo tries his best but if you really wanted to get out, you could. I know you stay because you think you deserve it, that you have to, but they're not coming back, Tae. It killed me to see you suffocating in your own home. I want you to be happy. We need your help, yes, but they also could offer you something more. They won't keep you locked up here, Tae. Not anymore."