awakening

Beep beep beep.

The sound  of the heart monitor rang through my ears, at a point it became frustrating , not being able to move, speak or feel, just the sound of heart monitor giving me the sign.

I was indeed alive, project Eve requiem  was a success, I internally smiled, I sensed the tension in the air, yes fresh air, it was a luxury people would never appreciate especially when they didn't  have a past like mine.

Even in the darkness,i saw light, yes it was hope, I felt it embrace me, tell me it was all gonna be alright, I no longer felt that weight, and even though I lost so much along the way, it was worth it, to finally see my dawn

My eyes slowly opened, I closed it out of reflex due to the bright light "she's awake" a voice whispered "she has finally awoken" another whispered back, I looked at them, wandering how I hadn't  noticed their presence before my senses were weak.

"your highness" they both bowed,  "the originator of the new race, welcome back" another voice said. I forced a smile, become a thought crept unto my mind.

My son, my child.

"ch-my-so-" I struggled to speak still wearing my smile.

Their faces that were beaming with pride  lost all colour.

I felt a familiar pang in my chest

"we're sorry your highness, but he might not make it"

****

Everything stopped,time paused, the wind remained still, even silence acknowledged  my pain

"i-i want to s-see h-him" I croaked out my heart tightening, I could feel my heart rate increasing, I couldn't  and wouldn't  lose not again, he was all I had left, no I still had him.

"your highness please calm down" a man said

It was then I realised the heart monitor was beeping  rapidly.

"i-i need t-to see-him"

"you highness we can't-"

"it's an order!" I said my hand weakly moving to my oxygen mask and removing it "he's all I have" I said desperately.

"I'll  help her up" a girl said, and she helped me sit up, while they left, and came back with a wheel chair few minutes later.

I was carefully placed on the wheelchair and wheeled out.

"should we announce you awakening?" the man said.

"no" I whipered

We entered a room, and there he was,  my angel lieing in an incubator,my powers were strong enough to build an entire Era, I hoped it would save my son, he was connected to a machine with various wires on him in that small box,  my little Infant,my Liam.

"help me up" I whispered

"your highness"the girl said

I glared at her,she lowered her gaze "as you wish"

They helped me stand,  and I touched the box, "oh, baby mommy's waiting, mommy fought so hard for to live, please survive, Liam, you are my only reason to live son, don't leave me like everyone else" a tear slipped down my eyes.

A smile crept on my lips as big green orbs stared back at me.