[22] War of Hearts

Start from the beginning

His trailed to the duo of Yona and Jae-ha. His eyes widened when he saw the look in Yona's purple eyes. Her eyes were like fire was flaming in them. There was something in her eyes that caught his attention the most.

Understanding.

If Yona, the naive and ignorant Princess, could understand the actions of her sister. Then why was Hak not able to do the same.

Kija came over to him. And with that both Kija and Hak walked over to the Princess and Jae-ha. He stood right by the Princess's side causing her to look up to them.

He gave a grin to her and turned his attention to Rue and a kind of determination filled him. He stilled his mind and calmed his heart. Hak knew that she was here and so were they.

Come back to us after all this, you idiot.

||♪||

Yona was engrossed in the scene infront of her that she didn't realise the people by her sides. She looked up to her right when she felt a presence.

Hak was standing there beside her folding his arms. Kija stood beside Hak and gave her a grin. She looked to her left and saw Jae-ha smiling at her. Beside Jae-ha stood Shin-Ah, who gave a subtle nod to her.

Yun came up from behind her and stood between her and Jae-ha. She smiled at him and Yun returned the gesture. Her heart lightened up a bit.

Nee-Chan we are right here. And we will continue to stay beside you because that is what you have done for all these years without us knowing.

So with her heart thumping harshly Yona looked to the fight infront of her with a new will. Her sister will come back to her. Maybe not to her, but atleast, she will be safe.

||♪||

Rue held her balance dodging when Kumji thrusts a sword in her direction. Kumji was becoming tired that she could see. Rue was not even breathing harshly because she was used to fighting on boats.

She kicked him in the face with a roundhouse kick causing blood to flow. He wiped his mouth on his sleeve and snarled at her. He slashed his sword yet again only at air.

Just as Kumji was about to almost fall over, Rue threw blades which stopped him from falling into the sea. He shrugs them off and narrows his eyes.

"Stop playing you bitch." He snarled.

"Okay. I'll stop playing. You wanna die? I'll make it painfully I was getting tired of these childish games." With that she and Kumji lunge at each other.

||♪||

"Agh!" Ken groans as Iliza's dagger slashes at his shoulder. Blood trickling and staining the cloth around it red

"Now. Don't die already. We still have so much to talk about." She says in a sickening voice.

"I told you before. I'll say it again." He gets up and gets into position before attacking her.

"I'm simply not attracted to women with loose morals such as you!"

"I'll show you loose morals!"

Her eyes widen in insanity a crazed look in them. Ken's yellow eyes darken in anger as he realises that look she had right now. It was the same as that night.

Iliza went forward to stab but stop as her eyes widened slightly in shock. Her body leaned against Ken as his lips curled upwards in a sadistic smile. He whispered in her ear in a dark, cold voice.

"Checkmate. King wins."

Iliza's eyes were wide as she stumbled back her hand holding the hilt of the dagger that she was stabbed with. She pulled the dagger and threw it to the wooden floor. Her mouth stutters out words.

"You...... Ah I see.... So that's how it is huh?" Her eyes were half lidded when she saw the look in his eyes. She shocked him by the soft look in her eyes. Iliza fell back her hair flowing upwards, causing them to hide the sad smile on her lips and the small tears at the end of her eyes.

With a splash Iliza fell into the sea, as she sank deeper and deeper. As she closed her eyes words ran through her mind.

Mother, till the end I was alone like you. That monster whom I called father will receive his punishment I know it. How pitiful. Even at the door of death I can't help but remember his smile when he held her. Perhaps I did deserve this horrible life.