Chapter 17 - Surprise

Ashton opened the door slowly. He had opened it just a smidge, just enough that he could see me. He looked at me, then growled, "what do you mean?"

"Ashton, I didn't want to tell you this way, but," I paused, "I'm pregnant"

"Oh my god, Madds, you're not joking are you?" He asked.

"No, Ash, come here" I led him into the bathroom, and got the three positive pregnancy tests out of the trash, "see?"

"Madds, this is great, right?"

"Yeah, I'm just nervous."

"Babe, don't be. I'm not leaving you. I could never, I don't know why I told you that," he sighed, "But when did you find out?"

"This morning. I realized my period was 4 days late, so I went to the store to get tests, then came home and took them. They were all positive, and I'm 4 1/2 weeks"

"Does your mum know?"

"No, we'll have to tell our mums.. and the boys"

"Yeah. We should tell your mum when she gets home."

"Okay"

Ashton looked at me for a minute, then said, "may i?", and I knew what he meant. I laid down on my bed, and pulled up my shirt. He put his hand on my stomach and pushed down. Not hard, though, just a little bit.

"I'm not hurting you, am I?" He pulled back for a second until I shook my head no. Then, he announced, "I can feel it"

"Really?"

"Kinda. There's a hard spot right here," he moved his hand to that area, "and I think that's the baby"

"Yeah?"

"Yeah"

He put his head down to my stomach, and started whispering, "hi baby. I'm your daddy. If you're a baby boy, I'll teach you how to play drums, and I'll teach you how to get fucking beautiful girls like your mommy"

I hit him on the shoulder, "really Ash? And no swearing around the baby!"

"Fine, fine.." He continued, "and if you're a baby girl, I'll still teach you how to play drums, and I'll spoil you rotten. You're gonna be a daddy's girl"

I thought it was cute to watch Ashton speak to our baby. He knew what to say, and just what to say to the baby that would make me blush. He was gonna be a great dad.

------

*Ashton's POV*

I called Adam back, and told him that I couldn't break up with Madds.

"Hello?" He asked.

"Hi Adam, I needed to say that I can't break up with Madds" I told him straight forward.

"Ashton, then, I'm sorry to say it, but I'll have to drop you and the boys. And you won't be coming on the rest of the tour"

"Adam, you don't understand"

"Ashton, I told you. You need to break up with her, or I drop the band"

"But Adam, she's pregnant"

"Ashton, congratulations"

"Please don't drop the band. I couldn't break up with her, especially since she's pregnant"

"Ashton, I have to. It's either that, or you don't bring her on tour with you, but that would distact you more"

"See, Adam. Please let me bring her on tour!"