Chapter 3 - Tour?

February 13, 2013

Age 16

It was my first day of Year 12! After this year I would be out of school (aka prison..) Calum, Michael, and Luke dropped out of school for the band. They would be leaving to go on a tour with One Direction in a week! I was really sad because they were leaving, but I was happy because they would be opening for One Direction, and this was a big break for them!

I tried to put that in the back of my mind as I got on the bus to go to school.

All day, I thought about the boys, though, especially Ashton. Ever since the day that we kissed for the first time, we have gotten closer and closer and closer. I found out that we have the same birthday, but he was born in 1994 instead of 1996. He is exactly 2 years older than me.

That afternoon, when I got home, there was a note on the door that said, "Follow the path..." written in sloppy but readable handwriting. I couldn't tell who wrote it, but I did what it said. I opened the door to my house, and there were roses all over my floor. There was a little path cut out of them that led into and out of the kitchen, then up the stairs and to my bedroom door.

There was another note at my door that said, "Close your eyes, open the door, and wait till someone says 'Open'". I did what it said, closed my eyes, opened the door, and then heard someone say "Open".

Now, I could see that there was a path that led from the doorway to him. He was holding red and pink Azaleas (my favorites) and a sign that said, "Madds, will you be my girlfriend?" Madds.. that was a cute new nickname! The guy that did all of this was the one and only Ashton Fletcher Irwin.

"What is all of this?" I was shocked, but I smiled at Ashton anyways.

"Can I call you Madds?" He paused, and I nodded, smiling uncontrollably at the adorable nickname.

He went on, "I fell for you that day I asked you over to my house. And the reason I'm with 5 Seconds Of Summer is because of you! Without you, I would be lost, so damn lost, and I wouldn't have the 4 best friends in the world."

He hesitated again but then finished with, "Madds, will you be my girlfriend?"

"Ash, I would love to, but you guys are going on tour next week. I'm not sure how that's gonna work," I explained, sighing. I really wanted to go out with him, though.

"You could come with us, no biggie."

"What about school?"

"You could do online schooling."

"What about my mom? Would she let me go?"

"She'll let you go, she's the nicest mom ever. Come on, Madds," Ashton playfully rolled his eyes, laughing.

"I'll still have to think about it, Ash," I pouted, putting my hands in his.

I pecked him on the lips, and he smiled, then the smile faded because what I had just said kicked in.

Fifteen minutes later, Ashton wasn't at my house anymore, and my mom arrived home from work. I decided to ask her about the tour.

"Mom, you know about the tour that 5sos is going on with One Direction?" I asked her, even though I'd brought it up almost a billion times in the past day.

"Yeah, why?"

"Well, can I go on it too?"

"Why would you do that?"

"Well, I'm really good friends with Michael, Calum, and Luke. Then Ashton, he, um," I hesitated.

"Did he ask you out?" I nodded my head to her comment. "Oh my god! Maddie, this is amazing! Did you say yes? Well, of course you did!"

"Well, I said I'd think about it. I knew I needed to ask you about tour, then consider online schooling, and stuff like that."

"Maddie, I did not raise you to say 'I'll think about it' to hot guys like Ashton when they ask you out!"

"Sorry, mom," I laughed.

"Now, how did Ashton ask you?" She put her hands on my legs as we sat down beside each other on the couch, and I explained to her every detail, every word.

Two days later, I told Ashton yes, and that I would go on tour with them. That evening, the boys invited me over to Michael's house. Once I got there, we walked into his living room, and I sat on the couch, farthest away from Ashton so they wouldn't know about us.

"Maddie, we were wondering if you wanted to go on the tour with us?" Luke got right to the point.

Ashton had already invited me, but I acted like he didn't invite me, and I acted surprised.

"Oh, well, I don't know about school..." I said, same thing I said to Ashton.

"There's online school," Calum smiled while giving the same response as Ashton.

"What about my mom? Will she let me go?" I was almost reliving my conversation with Ashton.

"Maddie, I've known Sadie for about 3 or 4 years now. She'll let you go. She'll understand," Luke responded, just like Ashton did. They all knew my mum well, and they knew me better.

"I'll ask my mom and if she says yes, then yes," I winked at Ashton, and none of the boys noticed.

"Yes!" They all said in unison, including Ashton.

------

We were at the airport five days later, and nobody knew I was dating Ashton yet. The only people who knew were my mom, Ashton, and me. Not even the boys knew, never mind the fans.

"Where will you be staying?" My mom was asking some last-minute questions.

"Either on the tour bus or in a hotel room with Ash." I replied, and got an answer I wasn't expecting.

"Just use protection!"

"What the heck, mom?" My jaw dropped.

"Hey, I don't want my baby getting pregnant, because I know what it's like being a teenager and being pregnant," she told me, "be careful."

"Mom, I'm not gonna get pregnant," I assured her.

"Not if you use protection!"

"Okay, mom, whatever. Bye," I tried as hard as I could to get out of that situation. I was so happy when there was a call to tell us that our flight to London was boarding.

"Bye sweetie, see you soon!" Mum smile

I got onto the plane, scored a seat next to Ashton, and the flight took off.

Halfway into the flight, I wanted to cuddle with Ashton so bad, but the boys would see and get suspicious. I fell asleep in my seat, not touching Ashton at all.

------

I woke up with my head on Ashton's chest. He looked down at me and whispered, "We're about to land, Madds. And if we don't want the boys to know, we should probably not be this close, even though I love it."

I got off of his chest, and gathered my stuff that I was using and put it back into my suitcase.

About five minutes later, we landed, got off the plane, got our luggage, and headed to the hotel.

Take Me Home Tour, here I come.

~

It's shorter, I know! I'm sorry! Don't worry, the next few will be longer.

-Lizzie xx