Chapter 2: The New Arrival

"When destiny calls, the chosen have no choice."

-"Star Wars: The Clone Wars" Season 4: Episode: 1
____________________________________________________________

Linorra carefully climbed down the trunk of the massive tree she'd been using as an observation post.; her feet barely making a sound as she landed. Checking her watch, Linorra deduced it would be dark soon, which meant she and her team would have to return to base soon to avoid the 'extra-friendly' creatures that came out at night.

"It's starting to hit dusk. We oughta get moving." Linorra said into her wrist comm.

No answer. 

"Trooper, do you copy? We need to get back to base!" Linora said more sternly into her comm.

Again, no answer.  Linorra was now worried and confused.  Did they turn off their comms?  There was no reason for any of the men to switch off their comms; even on recon ops. Suddenly she sensed it, something was wrong. Scanning her surroundings, she clutched her lightsaber, her eyes darting every which way, looking for something or someone. It wasn't until she turned around did she realize what was wrong.  She stood rigid with her lightsaber in her hand.  She tried to ignite it, but her thumb didn't even twitch. Her breathing grew shallow and ice seeped into her veins  She desperately tried to move but her feet remained planted in the soil. A wave of darkness washed over her, an overwhelming sense of fear and pain. Something terrible was happening and she couldn't figure out what. Her ears suddenly picked up the faint cracking of a twig nearby. Finally her muscles reacted and she ignited her lightsaber. Her eyes scanned the surrounding fauna but the dwindling sunlight only served to cast shadows that concealed everything. Then all she heard was a click and the blast of a rifle.

Linorra jolted awake, trembling furiously.  She was covered in sweat and her hands frantically searched her torso for blaster wounds.  She swallowed hard and sat up from her bedl. Her trembling hands grasped her lightsaber for some form of comfort. She closed her eyes and began reciting an old chant that her master taught her when she was a young padawan, back before the war.

"I am one with the force, and the force is with me..."

"I am one with the force and the force is with me..."

  Her shoulders relaxed a little as she let herself reach out into the force. She opened her eyes and got up. Realizing she was too shaken up to go back to sleep, she put on her boots and went outside.  It was dusk and the sun was just starting to creep out from under the horizon illuminating the forests that surrounded them.  Linorra watched the sunrise until she was interrupted by an abrupt message on her holo-communicator.  She turned it on and a blue projection of a clone appeared.

"Trooper, what is it?" Linorra answered in a shaky voice.

"You have an urgent transmission from General Windu in the command center." said the trooper.

"I'll be there shortly," Linorra said. The trooper nodded and the hologram ended. Linorra went back into her tent and threw on her robe.

As she entered the command center she saw the blue holographic image of Master Windu and Master Yoda on the holoprojector.

"Master Yoda, Master Windu, what a pleasant surprise." Linorra greeted bowing to the Jedi Masters.

"Likewise, Master Skitarr." replied Master Yoda with a slight bow.