24: Final

The panoramic television Taeyong bought was humming softly in the background, announcing the news of Taeyong's comeback from hiatus. The adorable corgi the two of you bought was jumping around the living room, your stupid corgi-covered throw blanket settled onto the couch once again.

You scan the small portrait of your likeness as Taeyong cradles you with his body, his head upon your shoulder and arms resting comfortably around your waist. You unconsciously lean back into him, luxuriating in his warmth and familiarity. You reluctantly break from his hold as you circle around the piece, reverent of its attention to detail and intimate vulnerability expressed in the piece. The golden plate near the base caught your eye, gleaming in the dying sunlight.

Raison D'etre.

Purpose for Existence.

Your head quickly snapped up towards his gaze and you stumbled back. 3 tiny words had the effect of a grenade, catching you off guard and leaving you in shell-shock. Just 3 tiny words made you feel like a sonic boom had swept through Taeyong's studio and you, the unfortunate bystander, were left deafened and dazed. 3 tiny words.

"You... do you not go too far, Taeyong?"

His eyes contain a maelstrom intensive feelings. Love, passion, obsession were all rendered just as clearly with his gaze as with his oils or paints.

"Do I?"

(A/N: That's it, friends. Thank you so much for sticking with me through this book. I'm always available on here on Tumblr if you wanna chat. Ciao!)