15: Spontaneity

17 million ~ TY
You stare at your bright phone screen with bleary eyes, lids half-opened and trying to stay up. You had forgotten to turn off your phone for the night and the text notification startled you into consciousness at 2am. Your pleasant dreams about passing the architecture final were interrupted crudely.

17 million? What does he mean— wait, holy shit!

Your eyes, now completely free of fatigue, widen in surprise as you sit up and unlock your phone. The search engine you used quickly brings up a multitude of articles, but the some of the top headlines read "Lee Taeyong Sells Painting For $17 Million" and "You Won't Believe What This Simplistic Painting Sold For!" You click on the Art Newspaper article and scroll through the click bait ads and epilepsy-inducing graphics to get to the main article.

Lee Taeyong, 27 years-old Korean painter, is smiling in the midst of thunderous applause as the final bang of the auctioneer's gavel signifies his astounding sale. This morning, 12 am EST, his recent portrait of a woman dubbed "Sense and Sensuality" sold for a whopping $17 million USD at the New York Sotheby's Auction House (5). This is his highest-ever sale yet, and the future is looking bright for this talented young man.

Congratulations! You type with a growing smile on your face.

Coming over in 10 to celebrate ~ TY

What?

The sheets tangle around your feet as you nearly trip out of your bed in order to get ready. A muffled thump resounds around your bedroom as you heavily land on the floor. You cringe, hoping the grumpy couple downstairs don't wake up from it.   

You should've expected this, as eccentric as Taeyong was. It was no surprise he was spontaneous.

You flick the lights on and grab a bra from your drawer. You snap it on while impressively combing your hair, then change into some leggings and old t-shirt because, hell, if Taeyong wanted to see you at 2am when he had to deal with 2am Y/N.

The bronze knocker pounds on your door and you bolt out of your bedroom to get it. A quick look into the peephole shows you gleaming black hair, reminding you of the way ink looked in a bottle.

Taeyong, still in his crisp black-tie suit, is standing in your dimly-lit hallway beaming holding a bouquet of flowers in his right hand.

"Hey." His eyes look tired but are sparkling with vitality.

You leap into his arms and he holds you tightly, rocking you back and fourth. You murmur congratulations into his shoulder and he hums back, content in your cuddling. The pair of you stay in the dim light of your apartment hallway, your door half open and probably wasting your valuable air conditioner, however, you couldn't care less: all that mattered was the man in your arms.

"Taeyong... I'm so proud of you. You deserved this so much," you lean back and look into his eyes, a smile tugging at your lips.

The painter smiled his usual enigmatic twitch of the lips that you loved so much and leaned forward into to pull you into a deep kiss. His hands pulled you in closer to his body and the smell of his cologne was more prevalent than ever, intoxicating your senses to the point that if there were a fire alarm in the hallway, you would still be kissing his delicious lips.

"I couldn't have done it without you, you know," he whispers against your lips.

You roll your eyes and swat him on the shoulder.

"Oh, psh! It was 100 percent you, I was just kinda... there. A spectator to greatness and all. You don't have to butter me up, you know?" you laugh as you lead him into the apartment.

He mumbles something you can't hear as you are locking the door, and you turn around to face him.

"What?"

"Nothing, nothing. Just remembering something." Taeyong casually deflects, as he tosses his suit jacket onto your kitchen chairs.

"You wanna celebrate? I can put on a movie and make food," you ask as you clean the mess of your room.

"I'd love to." The artist loosens his tie and chucks it in the general direction of his suit jacket, then partly unbuttons his oxford shirt until you can see the chiseled expanse of his chest.

"Cool beans."