Chapter 11

Carter warned his family about Whelan's plans the next morning. He explained to them that Whelan was someone he knew in his childhood, but they parted ways. He also talked about Whelan's beliefs, how that humans should only be used for food source, and are meant to be killed. Whether it's drinking their blood, or sucking out the energy that makes them live.

The family was shocked. Giovanni held Elijah close to him, scared for his life. Rowan was sitting on the couch with Morgan, his hand tightly on her thigh.

"He will come for us the next full moon if we do not decide to change our ways and join his side," Carter said.

"That's at the end of this month...." Alyssa said quietly.

"Should we hide?" asked Elijah.

Carter looked at him, then paced to the window.

"You guys hide. And Morgan, take Rowan and his father to a safe place. I don't want him roaming around this city with us here, so I will fight him."

"I'm with you," Skylar said, walking up to him and gently wrapping her arm around his. Carter smiled at her, and kissed her.

Rowan leaned into Morgan and whispered, "Don't leave me"

Without looking at him, she rested her head on his shoulder, "Never." she responded.

"We can't take Dad anywhere without him knowing he's in danger," Rowan said to Morgan when they went up to her room to privately talk. "I also think it's best he doesn't find out about vampires being real."

"I agree," said Morgan, with her arms crossed. She thought for a moment.

"I know a couple of Carter's staff personally. I can call and ask them to watch your house, so your Dad just has to stay home for the evening."

"He always does that," said Rowan.

"Done," she said quickly, "Now, what about you?"

Rowan thought for a moment, "I know this may be a dumb idea, but if Whelan has a couple folks on his side, it may be best Carter could get them all at once, because what if he sends his folks after us?"

"You're saying we should all be there with him, to help him."

"I think so..." He walked towards her, "But I want to be there with you."

Morgan shook her head, "You're as fragile as a twig compared to vampires Rowan."

"I know," he said, "But think about it, he's going to send someone to get me, and Gio, if I'm not with you. Gio and I seem to be pretty big targets here."

Morgan paced for a moment, not looking at him.

"You're right," she said. "Okay, we need to think this out, just the two of us. I don't want to tell Carter we're going, okay?"

Morgan and Rowan discussed ideas and plans for the next few weeks. It was just a couple days before the full moon was scheduled to appear. Rowan was packing a bag to go stay with Morgan.

"Going to Morgan's for a couple days Dad," he said as he walked down the stairs while Ethan watched TV.

"Sounds good," Ethan said. "Don't think you'll miss much anyways."

Rowan went over and hugged him while he still sat in his chair.

"Love you," he said quietly.

Ethan looked up at him, "What's going on?"

"Nothing," Rowan quickly responded, "Just....grateful you're my dad, that's all."

Ethan looked at him as if to say, "You want money. A lot of it? No? Well you want SOMETHING."

Rowan chuckled. He really hoped this wasn't the last time he would see Ethan. He couldn't act too mushy cause Ethan would figure out something was very wrong.

"Just been seeing on the news that there was a couple murders. Made me want to say I love you."

Ethan laughed, "Get outta here, and I love you too. Be safe."

I hope so, Rowan thought.

Rowan had not seen Morgan for a week and half, they just talked over the phone. The first thing he noticed when he saw her was that her eyes were very foggy. The redness was very fady.

"Carter's gone till tomorrow," she said, "Skylar went with him. They're just warning some friends."

"Okay," said Rowan. "You seem unwell. Are you okay?"

"I'm fine," she said.

"Hey," Rowan said, gently touching her arm. "We're safe right now. Want to just, I don't know, relax for now? You seem like you need it."

Morgan closed her eyes, "Okay, sure." He was right, the sun was out. They were safe.

They both went into the living area and sat down. Rowan couldn't stop staring at her foggy eyes. Something was defiantly wrong.

"Morgan, let's talk love," he said. "Your eyes are foggy. Are you okay?"

"I am," she said, "I'm just having a weak day. I'm okay though."

"Do you need something to-" he began to say. Then it clicked.

"Morgan....I haven't fed you."

"It's okay," she said, "sex is the last thing I wanted you to think about right now, so I've been drinking some plasma juice."

"Is that doing anything for you?" he asked.

"It keeps me alive," she said, "It's just my body is craving the sexual energy because it's my preference. I'm getting what I need, I'm just not very strong right now."

Rowan felt really bad. He didn't even think about the sex dungeon this whole month. "Oh Morgan, I'm so sorry. Please, Let me feed you. That's very sweet of you to put it aside, but I want you to be at your strongest."

Morgan smiled, "It's alright. I don't mind."

Rowan smiled back at her and held her face, "But I do. This is more than just sex. You don't need to feel bad. It's how you grow strong. I want to give you that strength." He leaned in and whispered to her ear, "I want you to have me my love. It could be our last time together."

They stared at each other for a long time. Morgan then reached up and gently grabbed his wrists.

"Be in the dungeon in 30 minutes."

Rowan grinned.