"Whatever you say, I'll leave it at that but I know you. I'll do the information for you. I'll run a background check with Stu."

Stu, short for Stuart, was his older brother. He was a private investigator so had a knack for stuff like this.

"Thanks man, I'll speak to you later. Let me know when you get hold of anything."

"It's going to take a bit, without a last name we're gonna have a few people. Maybe even need you to identify which one."

"Whatever just please do it."

I was desperate to find her. To do anything.

First I had to figure out what I wanted; what I was going to say to her; and how I was going to do it.

I sat on the bed, and had a long hard think with myself about what I was going to do. Hopefully I'd come to a decision with myself by the end of the day, which hopefully I'd have her address by too.

—————

Around half nine the next morning Liam called me to meet him at the office. I hadn't been into work yesterday because of what happened, so hopefully no one questioned it. I also hoped Mr mad Marvin, as I called him, wasn't there. I'd got the paperwork through the door this morning. He'd added strict instructions on a post it note inside, saying where I needed to sign. He'd also provided all points of contact for him if I got confused by any of it. The man was preposterous.

"Morning Mr Baxter." Alyia, the receptionist, greeted me in a flirty tone every morning. She was pretty, golden brown skin, with long black hair. I think she was Indian, but I wasn't sure. Anyhow, she was the type of woman - that If I saw her in a bar - I would take her back to one of my hotels, but because she was my employee that wasn't an option. I'm pretty sure she was married too. Even so, she flirted with me every morning, and I shamefully allowed it.

"Mr Baxter."
"Bax nice to see you today."
"Hey Bax."

All my staff stopped to greet me, I felt like royalty. Roll out the red carpet.

Stuffing my hands in my pockets, I impatiently stood in front of the glass elevator waiting for it to arrive. I have my own private elevator used only by me, but Liams office was a floor below. That meant I had the pleasure of standing here waiting for it to eventually arrive.

I was thankful it was empty, and the ride up was smooth sailing with no one entering and exiting. Liams floor was also preoccupied with work that no one, except for the receptionist Sam, interrupted the rest of my venture to his office.

"Liam." I nodded as I entered his office.

"Hey man, there's about ten Lucy's." He turned to look at me.

"You could of just sent me the photos I didn't need to come in."

"No, you did need to come in. You wasn't in yesterday and this is your company Bax. You can't just go off the radar because of a woman."

He was right. Although this was a huge situation, as well as a milestone I suppose, I did need to be there for my company. After all, without the place I'd be nowhere; I couldn't afford for the place to go under.

"I'm sorry man, I just need to sort this out. Anything that's urgent like investors etc. I've put Amy on the job."

Amy was my personal assistant, but she was amazing. She could present anything I needed her to if I couldn't, and she was a magician when it came to investors. She seemed to win them over way quicker than I could sometimes. I had full faith in her, all she had to do was contact me if there was an emergency.