𝟑𝟎 | 𝐕𝐢𝐬𝐢𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐬

A strong scent of flowers is what stirs me awake

A strong scent of flowers is what stirs me awake. More specifically, it smells like jasmines – my namesake. I remember... when I first arrived in the Hidden Leaf, and even in the Land of Fire... the forests were lined with them at almost every angle. Everywhere I turned, every bush I took refuge in and under to avoid the drastic weather changes, there they were, their white petals seeming to stand out, even in the shade. I love them. The house I live in has them all across the backyard, too.

When I finally open my eyes, I find that my surroundings are really no different than standing on my own property – save for all the medical equipment, of course. I am in a hospital, after all. I knew this even before I opened my eyes. I've never had the chance to be in one, myself – I've never been so sick for Makara-sensei to drag me to one down below in the Hidden Snow – but I could feel something inside the crook of my elbow, something uncomfortable. It's not really sharp, but it sits there with a clear liquid draining from a hanging plastic bag.

Medicine, I realize, blinking at it almost stupidly for a whole minute before. Maybe it's why I still feel so sleepy. But I am surrounded by these flowers. "Get well" gifts, I imagine. Ino's family owns a flower shop... I wonder if they came from them.

It takes a little while for me to be reminded of why I'd been put here in the first place. The Chūnin Exams; my battle with Garasu. My loss. And, of my injuries. Ah. Injury. Or did something else happen to me?

In a strange sense of the word, I'm strapped down to my hospital bed, my limbs trapped and tucked under what feels like several blankets. Beneath them, my stomach itches, and when my body shifts, it feels like something is catching on the lowest sheet. It's a struggle, and it takes me a while be able to free my one arm to free the rest of me, but I've managed to fling the five blankets to the foot of my bed.

Breathing heavily, I then take one deep breath before looking down at my stomach, where I'd caught a glimpse of bandaging wrapped around it. I figure... as much as the curiosity kills me... I probably shouldn't touch it until I see the doctor, finally.

I hear a sudden moan from nearby and shoot a quick look to the opposite side of the room, my heart racing in surprise of not being alone. In another bed, wrapped up in his own sheets, I can see his black hair poking out and easily recognize it to belong to my teammate.

"S... Sasuke," I'm barely able to squeeze out. I force a cough to try and rid my throat of the raspy feeling stuck inside it, but it only burns it further. I look around the room for any possible water or drinkable liquid and spot a small cup and a pitcher of water laying at my bedside. My hands are a little shaky, but I still make the attempt to reach over and at least grab the cup. It just as easily slips out between my fingers and clatters onto the floor.

"Need a hand?" a voice gently calls. I'd jump in bed if it didn't hurt to move as normal, so I force myself to cautiously turn back around to where I remember the doorway being and find a white-haired woman standing in front of it, having just closed the door behind her.