𝟏𝟎 | 𝐉𝐨𝐧𝐢𝐧

"Alright

"Alright. Why don't you introduce yourselves, one at a time?"

"Introduce ourselves?" Sakura repeats. "What are we supposed to say?"

Finally having our new Sensei is... great, and all, but when he'd called us a "bunch of idiots" with little hesitation, I didn't like that one bit. I don't like how he doesn't like us over something so silly. Of course, I can understand... Makara-sensei taught me that respect is one of the most important factors in a relationship, so having someone prank me with a dusty, dirty chalk brush, well, I guess I wouldn't like that, either.

"Things you like," he answers slowly. "Things you hate. Dreams for the future. Hobbies. Things like that." And he crosses his arms.

"Why don't you tell us stuff first?" Naruto suggests, rocking back and forth on his feet. "I mean, before we talk, why don't you so we can see how it's supposed to go?"

"Me? I'm Kakashi Hatake," he says. "Things I like and things I hate... I don't feel like telling you that." MY smile falters.

"H-Huh?"

"My dreams for the future... I haven't really thought about that. As for my hobbies... I have a lot of hobbies." Groaning, Sakura turns to us.

"That was useless," she hisses. "All he really told us was his name!"

"Uh-huh."
"Yeppers."
"Hm."

"Okay, your turn." He points at us. "You, on the right; you go first." Adjusting his headband, Naruto grins.

"Believe it!" he exclaims. "I'm Naruto Uzumaki! I like instant ramen in a cup, and I really like the ramen Iruka-sensei and Kari always get me at the Ichiraku Ramen Noodle Shop! But I hate the three minutes you have to wait before you pour the water in the ramen cup. My hobby is eating different kinds of ramen and comparing them, and my future dream is... to be the greatest Hokage! Then the whole village will stop disrespecting me and start treating me like I'm somebody, somebody important!"

For a few seconds, Kakashi-sensei stares at him, as if studying him. "Okay. Next?" Since I'm right beside Naruto, it means it's my turn to introduce myself.

"O-Oh, I'm Kari Yamada," I say. "I'm not originally from here – although, I guess I kind of am; it's still a little confusing..." The one visible eyebrow on Kakashi-sensei's face lifts. I clear my throat. "I-I really enjoy training and I liked being in school for that little time that I was, and I like eating ramen with Naruto and Iruka-sensei, until someone goes and asks for a fifth serving, because my wallet empties really quickly... I don't really hate anything... and all I want is for Naruto to fulfill his dream—" Naruto can't help himself, and lets out a shrill giggle "—and then... I'd like to get stronger and find the man who killed my grandmother."

It's... a very far-fetched goal I'd set for myself just days after I'd entered the Academy, as motivation to get my act together and not be so weak. Being with the people I'm with now – meaning Naruto, Sakura, Sasuke, and Kakashi-sensei – I just know I can get stronger! Er, o-or maybe not... I'm still unsure how things are actually going right now.