Chapter 01

Darjeeling, India's West Bengal

The place seems so foreign now. The narrow streets flow like rivers, winding around hills and fields rather than cutting a romanesque line through them. Annika was, taking a long stroll, in the cold Darjeeling night.

The cold breeze blew right through Annika's sweater and she bowed her head to one side, closing lashes weighed down with mascara to keep out the icy. Her palms were rubbing with each other's. As she was walking ahead, she saw someone climbing over the wall, in distant.

She ran towards the direction with submissive sound. Without a further thought, she climbed over the wall, and fell on the side. Of course, with ouches and gasps. She dusted her knees and followed the 'someone'.

She tiptoed, until she could caught the person. Annika got off the the latest casual fashion trend on, thick and chunky hand woven wool scarf which was crowding her neck area of the wearers. She threw the scarf over the person.

A : Soover ke bachche ! Ch..
[ Son of a Pig ]

" Aunt Aunt please, mat chillayiye "
[ Aunt Aunt please, don't shout ]

A : Kids ? Thi...hey hilana mat. Bachchon, call the security. Cho...
[ Kids ? Th...hey don't move. Kids, call the security ]

" Aunt please leave him. Woh chor nahi hai. Please unhe chodiye "
[ Aunt please leave him. He's not a thief. Please leave him ]

A : Kya ? Yeh deewar par chadh aaya, woh bhee raat mein. Yeh chor nahi toh, Prime Minister ki next candidate hai kya?! He's a thief. [ What ? He came climbing over the wall, additionally in night time. Is he a next candidate of Prime Minister, if not a thief, hence ?! He's a thief ]

The person on her clutch was struggling while Annika tighten the hold around.

" Aunt woh hamare Arts Teacher hai, chodiye unhe. Woh hume ice-cream dene aaye hain. Aaj, yeh...guttu ka birthday hai". [ Aunt he's our Arts Teacher, free him. He came to give us ice-creams. It's guttu's birthday, today ]

A : Teacher ?! Phir yeh Chori panti kyun ? [ Teacher ? Then why this cat burglary ? ]

" Mmm...uhhhhmm "

"Aunt please unhe chodiye. Woh kya haina, agar Marty Madam ko pata chala ki humne ice-cream khaee hai, to woh hume 2 ghante ka lecture degi. Isliye. [ Aunt please leave him. Marty Madam doesn't appreciate us, eating ice cream. That's the reason. ]

Annika noticed the person, air quoting, two Cornettos in the air. She slowly, withdrew her hands and walked in front of the person. With sorry feel, she pulled down the scarf, from the end.

The sight she caught, took, the every piece of warmth it could from her senses. Those eyes twinkled, like a cute dew, on a green leaf. His eyes were like, the ocean, so full of life yet so innocent. She drowned, and, before she could realise, she fell in love with him. Love at First Sight, Period. Period.

His lips curved upwards, the very moment, she realised, he's not a Chor but a Chichor.

A : Ha..Happy Birthday Guttu.

"Thanks Aunt"

Annika stuttered-wished and walked, leaving them behind. As she turned behind, she saw him, kneeling down, being peppered with cheek kisses from the two kids.

She jumped off the wall, and, chuckled realising her own action. She waited for him, to apologise. She turned, hearing some distinct noise, as he was dusting his palms.

A : Hmm..excuse, excuse me.

She walked, towards his direction, and, waved in front of his face. Shivaay smiled, turning his head to the fro and back, and, pointing him.

A : Yeah, you...

Shivaay raised his right hand and indicated his ear and mouth. He twisted his hand, to the left and right, showed a negative sign, looking down. She, here, the moment, she stood, willing to protect him, with all that she is and ever will be. She snapped on his face, making him look at her.

A : (slowly) Ma..Main

He pouted, nodding in confusion. Annika sighed, and, moved towards the street lamp. He followed and stood, facing her, under the brightness of street lamp. Now he could see her, steadily.

A : Ma..Main. [ I am ]

He nodded, relying her lip movement.

A : An..Anni..Ka...Annika.

Shivaay, opened closed his mouth, to repeat her name but he couldn't. Annika softly smiled.

A : A..Aapka Naam ? Naam ? [ Your name ? ]

He raised his hands, moving according to his lip trials. She keenly, noticed his lips. So one by one take some time, letting her heart expand a little at a time, seeing him. She can't deny his blossoming cuteness.

S : Sh..Sh...mm..sh

A : Sh...Shakthi ?

He nodded a no.

A : Sha....hid ?

No, again.

A : Sh..Shaitaan.

He fake-frowned, she giggled. He smiled seeing her sharp premolars, which add essence to her smile.

A : Hmm...Sh...Shivaay ?

He nodded in yes.

A : Oh, Shivaay, very nice. Woh, I'm—

Annika held her earlobes, in apologising manner. Shivaay smiled, blinking his eyes, a sign of, 'that's ok'.

A : So, hmmm...bye, Haan—bye !!

She waved, while, Shivaay waved back, blinking his eyes, again. He turned around, to walk but he stopped. He walked back towards her, she gestured, confusion.

He pointed his index finger, towards her face. Then, he air-circled around his face, which is according, indicating her face. He gestured, a hand of super and blinked his eyes, in an awestruck manner.

She understood, he's complimenting her.

Annika cupped her right hand just so and bent her head downwards, in a sincere gratitude hand sign. He followed her suite and waved a bye. Annika remained and saw him, jump-walking, while, keeping his hands inside his trouser pockets.

She chuckled, when, she saw him disturbing the deep slumbering security's cap. She'd feelings for him in the most innocent form.

On the other side, Shivaay stopped and tilted his head backwards, waving a last bye, earning the smile from her face, which he'd just felt for, heartily. He'd told her she's beautiful, he didn't know where he ended, and she begun.

To be Continued...

———————————-
Gratitude,Love Comrade.