Chapter 16

"I find it really suspicious that you stayed away from this girl our whole highschool career, and right now, when we are finally Seniors,  you make such bold and public claims over her, Lucas... Is it because Adrien is finally out of the picture?"

Tamara's voice was full of malice. Once upon a time, I found that sexy. Right now, being it directed at me, I don't.

"What has your panties in a twist, Tam?" I ask her in a bored tone.

"Oh, don't think too highly of yourself, L. I'm a player, too. I know the rules: no strings attached, no jealousy acts, no bitching..." she numbered counting her fingers. I knew she was serious too. She didn't care about me. That's why her comment caught my attention.

You see, Tamara was the kind of girl who ruled efficiently over everything. Not the regular 'Queen Bee', doing things only for her satisfaction. She cared for her 'subjects', even if she would never admit it.

"I know you love her". Tam stated without a doubt. "But you just put a bullseye on that wallflower wannabe girl's head. Not a good combo."

"Tam, it's not what you think... she's like my sister... Nothing is going on between us." It felt dirty for the words to be rolling out of my tongue. I hated it.

"You don't have to lie to me, Lucas." she whispered into my ear. "You've been on my radar since forever, Babe. I see the way you look at her when you think no one is watching. I see the way your body reacts to her every breath. You would kill for her in a heartbeat."

"What does it have to do with you, Tamara. Are you gonna go around spreading my miseries to the student body?" I had no clue of where this was going, but I sensed a threat to Belle subtly rise out of her words. And I didn't take that kind of shit lightly.

"I would never!" She acted offended. "But I just don't want issues on my school when Homecoming is so near. We worked too hard for it to be ruined with petty drama. So try to stay low key until it's over. I don't want your damn fan's club destroying my last HoCo."

I watched her flip her long dark hair over her shoulder with that attitude she's got, knowing she was the top of the food chain.

"On the other side, as a friend and fellow player, I must admit I feel kind of bittersweet about it. She seems like a good girl. Like she's the only one who would be able to tame you. And that actually gives me some hope that I can find the same one day... Which scares the shit out of me, too". She laughed and I couldn't stop myself from doing so.

"You have to be careful, Lucas. Now that you can't seem to control yourself around her anymore, the herd will come after her. Be smart, and make a choice. Right now, it's no use to go half way in. If you want her, you're gonna have to keep tabs on her all the time. Those crazy bitches are gonna smile to your face and stab her at your back."

"I know, you think I'm a superficial jerk who claims to love a girl, and plays with others. I actually appreciate beauty, but no one really compares to Isabelle. If she was mine, I would never look at another girl, ever again. She's the only for me."

The bell ringed and all the kids around started running to the classrooms. I stood at my locker, changing my books and waiting for Thomas.

"Something unexpected happened", he said walking towards me. My blood was drained out of me.

"Where is Isabelle?" I tried my voice to sound as calm as possible but I was completely loosing it.

"She's fine, don't worry..." he rolled his eyes and my heart started pumping again.

"You asshole..." I punched his arm making it go numb. "What happened..."

"Well, Jason did his part and asked her, but when she was about to answer, her phone started ringing. It was your brother..." Thom said with an apologetic look. "They started talking and she was smiling and shit, so Jason was shocked and asked if she was in love with Adrien. Everyone heard, Luke. And she blushed so damn hard..."

I couldn't hear this anymore.

My fist connected with my locker door with a loud bang, venting out my frustration. Now there was a dent on it where it perfectly fit. Thomas stood there, his face scrunched up when he saw the blood sipping through the cuts on my knucles.

"...If you think about it, the problem is solved anyways..."

I gave him a death glare and started walking to the infirmary.

Around the corner of the hallway, someone bumped into my chest. When I looked down, the reason for all that is currently happening to me -good or bad- was nesting on my chest. Her hair was like blasing fire under the lights.

All the anger, the frustration, the jealousy, the heartache, came down flooding me. I pushed her away while she mumbled a 'sorry'.

I couldn't stand to be around her right now.

"Lucas..." She caught me by the arm as I was walking away. Her eyes were fixed on the blood and bruising on my hand. Hers, was motioning to touch it, but I didn't want her to.

"Don't touch me!" I hissed. She froze in place, her huge worried eyes shooting up to mine, scared.

"But... you are bleeding..." Belle mumbled. I could see she was hurt by my reaction but right now, I didn't give a damn.

She hurt me more times than I could count, just by being so oblivious to me, to what I feel about her. Even If I didn't say it out loud, I radiate the fucking feeling! Everyone else knows! How can she not see it?!

Why is it him the only one she notices? What has Adrien done to make her so fixed on him? What is it that he's got, that he is, that I'm not?!

I've been burning with this feeling for so long, hiding it, suffering it... I don't even know who I am! If I wasn't always moody, frustrated, acting cold to avoid her suspicion, determined and hard working to get her attention... A player to cover my wounds and hurt pride...

If I didn't love her, if she didn't exist... Who would I be? Who the fuck is Lucas Rossi if Isabelle Jhones is not around?

"Leave me the fuck alone, Isabelle!"

And I walked into the nurse's office, shutting the door to her face.