Chapter 8

I've been in love with her my whole fucking life.

She's been the first thing I think of when I wake up and the last I think of when I fall asleep. Every goddamn thing I've ever done, I've ever accomplished, was wanting to get her attention... or to take it away from Adrien.

I know, I'm pathetic.

Don't get me wrong, I do love Adrien. He's my brother, and a good one at that... but every time I catch her eyes staring dreamily at him, I want to bash his skull in. Him being around is a constant reminder that she doesn't want me, that she prefers him, and it turns me into this monster who can't keep his temper in check... or his dick in his pants.

I see Jessica dressing beside me, her face cracked in half by her post-fuck smile.

Lucky her, she's content with it. I couldn't feel more empty.

"I had a wonderful time, babe...", she stares at me like I'm god or something. I know she wants me to say that we'll see each other again. But she knows we won't. Unless I'm too drunk to think straight.

"Yeah... close the door when you get out. The coach doesn't want to see girls in the locker rooms."

Her eyes turn from heavenly to demonic. Her nose wrinkled in disgust, trying to make me think she's offended by my coldness. But if I call her tomorrow, she'd fuck me anyways, without a second thought.

Yes, I'm a fucking jerk, too. I know!

I hate that I say those words to Belle...  I'm an asshole. I know I need to grow out of it, just like Adrien told me a million times. All I'm doing is pushing her even further away from me. But I have no fucking clue as to how to make her look my way. 'Cuz I'm not Adrien. I'll never be Adrien.

I'll be the damn Patriot's star quarterback in a couple of years but she won't turn to look at me twice. Even if I win the Heisman trophy or the NFL's MVP, she wouldn't give a damn.

I remember the way her eyes blazed like fire under the bleachers and feel my stomach flip and my cock come to life again. The way her little mouth opened and closed while saying hurtful things... she was so fucking hot I could barely control myself not to push her against the metal racks and kiss her brains out. I'd give anything to do that again.

I smile at the memory and close my eyes to replay it in my head, like I've done thousands of times.

It was Emery's thirteenth birthday. Belle showed up looking like the queen she is, wearing a jean mini skirt and a navy blue top. Her red hair down in loose waves around her face framing those big dark grey eyes that always look like they belong to the bedroom. She had no clue (she still doesn't) of how breathtakingly beautiful she was. Every fucking guy wanted her, but I'd made it my mission to let them know she was off limits.

The bottle pointed to her, sitting gracefully in the floor, next to some chick and Jason. She stood up and went to the closet, closing the door behind and turning the light off, like she was supposed to. When the bottle pointed at me and they gave me the envelope saying what we should be doing in there, I wanted to hit somebody.

It read "hug". Fucking hug.

I'd done that so many times... but it wasn't enough anymore.

Whenever I saw her I wanted to kiss her. So bad that I hurt. She would lean on me or hug me and all I wanted to do was touch her in places I know she would blush bright red just thinking of. Some times she would whisper something for my ears only, and I would get a fucking boner at the sound of my name in her voice...

So when the door closed silently in the dark, and my hand touched the soft skin in her upper arm, I couldn't think what it was the right thing to do. I just held her face and my mouth found the way to hers like it was going home. A soft, tender kiss at first that conveyed all the sweetness I felt for her, but then I became hungry, greedy.

The first whimper I ever heard under my mouth, was hers. And It got me addicted.

I've never felt that way again, tho. No other kiss, no matter the situation, was like the one. It was my doom.

Back then, I was just a dork finding out other jobs a cock could be used for, besides peeing. So focused on sports, and so afraid of losing her that I never really considered the possibility of Belle wanting me too. It was so easy to experience sex, getting all my wildest fantasies come true, that I pushed aside the feelings to get the pleasure.

I finally became all kinds of wrong for her. Just being around her made me fight the guilt and the desire. It was exhausting. I didn't want to taint her, but couldn't let go of her, either. So I was as selfish as I could and left her alone. I broke my promises. And made everyone who could take her away, ignore her.

I know, I'm the worst kind of egoistic coward.

Back then, she didn't have the round ass she has now due to all the walking in her part time job. She didn't have the full breasts, with those little freckles scattered on their top that I count 'till I fall asleep sometimes... but to me, she's always been the most beautiful, most perfect creature in the world.

And now, I realize the moment when we fall completely apart is around the corner. There will come a day when she'll go away. I won't be there to keep guys away from her. Someone will catch her attention and that'll be it. I'll be out of her mind forever.

I know I have no right to feel hurt by this. I'm reaping what I sowed. It's karma. 'Cuz no matter how many girls I fuck, in the end, I still wish it was her, and only her the one in my arms.

The bipping of my phone took me out of the daze. It was a text from Adrien.

I heard Ryley tried to rile you up using Belle today... And that you were an asshole to her under the bleachers...

Damn Dante... He's dead.

I warned her not to waste her time on that douchebag.

You warned her alright... making her hate you won't help you get her, L. Man up and fucking tell her before someone else does it.

I fucking know that! But if she says no... if she decides to stay away from me, and my family altogether... I wouldn't be able to see her or them in the eyes anymore. They love her as much as I do. She's part of our family. And I can't lose her for all of us.

Did she write you?

I asked my brother, but I already knew the answer.

He was her best friend now. He slowly but steadily occupied my place when I couldn't handle being around her anymore.

Too bad for me her feelings didn't stay on the fraternal side when it came to him. I was friend-zoned, he was upgraded to crush.

Yeah... I'm coming home today. We'll talk when I get there. You got to cut the bullshit, L. If you don't you'll lose the girl and everything you worked so hard for.

A/N: let me know if you want more on Lucas POV. Hit the ⭐ or comments, please 😘