Chapter 4

Hadrian POV

I was sitting on the couch were Griphook had leaded me to when I was finally done with staring in the mirror. I was pretty nervous and nauseous because I was going to meet two people who hate me in a few moments. Even though I looked a bit different then before, I wasn't going to hide who I had been. That was the agreement I had made with myself the moment the letter to my parents was send. 

I was startled when two people ran in without any warning. They saw me sitting on the couch and they came to a stop at once. They are staring at me and I am staring at them. Then they approach me with tears in their eyes. "My baby boy!" severus exclaims. He looked different then he normally does. His once greasy hair is now shiny and neat. The stern look in his eyes has completely disappeared. He hugs me tight and doesn't let go for a moment. I stiffen a bit, but then I force myself to relax. Only then I get a good look at the other male. He had curly black hair, dark brown eyes and he is quite pale. He looks me straight in the eyes, and I swear I could see a flash of red for a moment. 

He also approaches me, but a lot more discreetly then Severus did. "Love, let him go, you will crush him to death and we only just got him back" the second males voice is deep and dark like chocolate and honey. I don't regignize him, but I realize that this must be Tom. Tom turns his attention back to me. He flashes me a comforting smile. "Where have you been my son?" Severus asks. I pale a little and almost dismiss the topic, but I also want to keep my promise to myself. So I make a compromise: "I will tell that when I feel ready and comfortable to tell my story." I say. The disappointed and worried look on my parents faces almost makes me just blurt out everything, but I keep it to myself. 

"Thank you, Griphook, for taking care of him for as long as he was here" Tom says. "It's really no problem Mister Riddle, he is a very sweet boy" Griphook replies. I smile a little at the complement. "We will be going home now" Severus says. 'Home' I think to myself, 'I'm finally going home'. 

_______________________________________________________

We get outside and I see a very cool car. It's a luxe volvo cabrio. It has red upholstered seats and the car itself is white. Something I never imagined the dark lord to ride around in. I'm scared because my dad is the dark lord, but hey, I just got betrayed by the only people who I trusted, and they were from the light. So call me a fool, but I climbed in the back seat and we drove off to go home. How would it look? 

_______________________________________________________________________

When we finally arrive about half an hour later, the house looks nothing like I had imagined it. I was thinking about a big, old and dark house, surrounded with woods. Maybe we would hear screaming from the basement. It would be crowded with death eaters. But it is rather the opposite. It is a big, white mansion with a blue roof. It has a long driveway and a beautiful garden surrounding the mansion. There are no death eaters in sight, and there is no screaming. It however is surrounded with a large forest. 

My parents lead me inside. The entrance hall is just insane. It has a high sieling and a hollywood staircase. We go to the living room, which is even better than the hall. There is a large couch by the fireplace. There is a large tv and there is plenty of light coming in from the high windows.

I sit on a poof near the fire and my parents plop on the couch. "So what do I call you?" I shyly ask them. "You can call me dad and you can call Tom father." Severus answers me. I nod. It was quiet for some time, until my father decides to ask: "I'm a bit worried for you, because you don't want to tell where you have been all these years. Are you okay?". I sigh, knowing that I will have to tell my story anyways. "I will tell you now, if that is okay with you?" I ask timidly.