Chapter 12

Hadrian POV

It is the day before the ball, and I wake up and like every day for the past week I begin the day with reading the etiquette book my dad got me a few weeks ago. But today feels different, I feel an urge, but I don't know what for. It starts out weak, but it becomes stronger with the minute.

And that's when Neville enters my room. I can feel my eyes change and fangs come out. It's like my body is taking it's own control. The only thing I want at that very moment is attack Neville and suck his blood until he's drained. But I won't let that happen. 

"Go Neville, don't come closer, I'm not in control at the moment." I squeek out, trying to fight whatever is trying to attack Neville. I have an idea what it is, and if it really is that, then I am confused because it shouldn't be doing this. 

Neville pales and runs out of the room, probably to get help. I let go of the thing inside of me and now my eyes are completely red and the fangs are prominent. So it really is my vampire. But my parents said it would only want my mates blood?

And that's when it hits me. The heat, the vampire in me was also partly chained, that's why only one of the eyes was red. My vampire side has fully awakened and it's hungry.

________________________________

My parents rush into the room, concerned. I tense, fearing that my vampire will attack them, but it doesn't. "I'm hungry." I croak out, turning around to look my parents in the eyes. 

My father catches on the quickest and runs out of the room only to return with a bag full of red liquid. It smells heavenly, but it's blood, human blood if I'm correct. 

My dad calmly approaches me and hands me the bag. "It's not as good as fresh blood, or your mates blood, but it will do." he says and walks out of the room, taking my dad with him. 

I turn my attention to the bloodbag. My head is going crazy over this. My morals say that it's wrong to drink blood, but my body screams that I need it to survive. After some time just staring at the thing in my hands, my body wins the argument. 

I sink my fangs into the slightly warm liquid. It tastes surprisingly good, it's sweat and a little bitter. And it of course also tastes like iron. 

___________________________________________

When the bag is empty, I go downstairs to apologize to Neville and my parents. I'm embarrassed for losing control like that. 

I arrive at the dining room, where they are currently having breakfast. Everyone turns their attention to me, seeming a bit wary about what I'm going to do. "I'm sorry Neville, I'm sorry father and dad." I say, avoiding their eyes, afraid of what judgement I might see in them. 

"It's okay, it happens Hadrian." I hear Neville say. My eyes find his and his eyes are full of kindness and forgiveness. "It's natural Hadrian." my father says. 

I relax, knowing that they aren't blaming me for what just happened. I nod and find my chair to join for breakfast. 

____________________________________________

It's the day of the ball, and I'm nervous to say the least. I have asked my father a thousend questions, just to make sure everything will be okay. But he's busy setting up the last things and making sure everything is perfect himself, so he send me to my room to prepare myself. 

So here I am, putting on some light make-up and doing my hair. I already have my dress on, and I'm pleased to say that it turned out exactly like I wanted it to. My nails are also done, and let me just say, they are so pretty. Most of them are black, but every hand has one in the color of my dress. My tail and ears are neatly brushed and I'm well fed, so that I won't go attacking anyone.

My dad and Neville walk in. My dad in a beautiful black dress and Neville in a dark blue suit. "You look beautiful Had," my dad says. "Thank you, you do too, dad," I say "And you look also great Neville.". "Thank you, Hadrian, you look great yourself.". I twirl around in my dress, allowing them to see it from every angle. 

___________________________________________

Draco POV

Today is the day. Hadrian's first ball is today. I'm already in my suit, just doing my hair. Different to what I do at school, I don't have it gelled back. 

As soon as my father approves of my appearance, I apparate to Riddle manor. A lot of the suitors are already there. Some are apparating, some come flying and others just walked here. 

As I walk through the large doors of the mansion I look around me. House elves are taking the coats from men and women. I give my coat to a house elve and lay my present with the other presents. There are a lot of those, some very big and some very small.

Then I walk further into the mansion, until I reach the ballroom. It's already very crowded in there. I see a lot of important figures and also a few people I don't know. The room goes silent the moment the dark lord cleares his throat and asks for the attention.

"Welcome people, at the very first ball of my son, Hadrian. His courting ball to be exact.". Hadrian is standing next to his father, looking absolutely stunning in that dress. "I hope you will have a great time tonight, and let the ball begin!".

~ 962 words