Chapter 2 Part 3: Witches before Wizards

Start from the beginning

  (Y/n) growled before snatch the puppet out of Eda's hand, who was startled by the sudden action.

  "Cut the riddle crap! Tell us, where is my friend, you no good piece of wood!" (Y/n) yelled, angered if something happened her friend.

  "Follow the path ahead, and you shall see. The road before you is the key," the cat laughed before it shriveled up and turned to dust.

  "Aaah! The cat man melted!" King screams as Eda stands up with a sigh.

  "It's a trap. They want me to follow Luz." Eda explains as she dusts herself.

  "What we going to do then? We can't just barge in while we know it's a trap." Said (Y/n) as she looked around the village before looking back at Eda.
"...... Right?"

  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

  Luz, Nethrath, Chris, and a princess of fairy's walked into a clearing between the trees that loomed over them.

  "Thank you for inviting me to your feast, princess. All your food is so tiny and cute," Luz compliments the princess, who then gave Luz two decorated green bracelets.

  "For you, chosen one," the fairy said in a kind high pitched voice as Luz places on her wrist with a smile.

  "Thank you, you all have been so kind and thoughtful. I hope this quest never ends!" Luz says happily, that is, before Chris pipes up.

  "Your quest will soon come to an end, the staff you seek is around the bend." Luz looked at Chris with a blank stare.

  "Thanks for ruining the mood, Chris." Luz says as she slumps her shoulders.

  "Go on, chosen one. The Celestial staff is yours," said Nethrath as he beckons Luz forward. "You've earned it."

  Luz smiles as everyone said their goodbyes as Luz ventures further into the forest thickets.

  After a while of walking, Luz stumbles across a lake, and in the middle of it, was the Celestial staff sitting on a pedestal. Luz moves closer to the lake to feel a light rumble beneath her feet, she looked down to see a pathway leading to the staff.

  "I knew this world wasn't just gloom and doom like what Eda and King said, there is wonder here. And I. I think I came here for a reason!" Luz says before stopping to bask in the staff sudden light, tempting her to come closer. ".... Ok, this is it. Moment of truth," Luz spoke softly before reaching out her hands and grabbing the staff.

  In an instant, power swirled around, making large ripples in the water before it calmed down as Luz held up the staff. "Yes! I am the chosen one! I knew it! I always expected there was a reason nobody understand my waky antics back at home! Well, maybe except (Y/n). But now, I have concrete proof!" Luz laughed in triumph, until, the staff turned to dust and everything around seem to die and disappear before Luz's eyes. "What?"

  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(Y/n)'s POV

  "I know this guy, he's no wizard. He's what you call, a puppeteer. A demon who's specialized in scamming and manipulating people." Eda tells me and King as we zipped through the canopy of trees. "He's trying to use Luz to get to me."

  "Yeah, and we're flying directly into his trap. Hooray!" King sarcastically exclaims over my shoulder.

  "If you can think of a better plan, I would love to hear it." Eda back sassed King, "Hey, faster you!" Eda said as she slapped her staff, causing it to bolt through the trees.