twenty-six: their world

Start from the beginning

"No, I didn't think so," Taehyung said. He stepped up closer and took the younger's hands in his. "Can we just, for just tonight, pretend everything is fine. That this is our little bubble, our own world away from the real world. Just put everything aside for one moment and enjoy this quiet night?"

Jeongguk chewed on his bottom lip as he hesitantly nodded. "I can try."

Taehyung smiled and placed a delicate kiss on his forehead. "Then let's have some fun." He let go of his hand and Jeongguk watched with curious eyes and Taehyung made way for the pond.

"Your clothes are going to get wet," Jeongguk warned as Taehyung began to enter the water.

"They disappear when they touch water. So do yours," Taehyung explained as he was now knee deep.

"A dissolving spell... impressive," Jeongguk said. He should've known from how his clothes shined. It was even a water spell. Jeongguk crossed his arms and watched with an amused smile as Taehyung kept going in but hissing as the level got higher not expecting the coldness.

The pond wasn't that deep so the water stopped right below his chest. He bent his knees and submerged himself completely into the water. When he came back to the surface, he swung his head back to get the hair out of his face and raked a hand through it. He was pleased to Jeongguk staring at him with lips caught between his teeth. The younger seemed to have a thing for his collarbones, the wet hair was just a bonus.

"Join me," Taehyung said and Jeongguk shook his head.

"I'm good."

"You can either get in here or get soaked from there."

"Tae."

"Gguk."

Jeongguk rolled his eyes and let his arms fall to his sides. He took slow steps into the water. His breath hitched when he felt how cold it is and was surprised at how Taehyung didn't have a more dramatic reaction. The spell worked, though. Once he in in, he went down until it reached his neck so that there weren't just loose fabric hanging around him.

"You're so far," Taehyung said with a pout.

"We're both naked. We need the distance," Jeongguk said.

"Well we've got our underpants on but, if you want, they can come off–"

"No."

Taehyung made a sour face at him that Jeongguk couldn't help but smile at. The elf floated his arms at the surface. He always felt at peace when he was in water. All water elves were.

"Did it hurt?" Taehyung asked suddenly, giving this method another go after failing so miserable the first time.

"What?" Jeongguk asked cluelessly.

"Did it hurt when you fell from heaven?"

Jeongguk was completely caught off-guard at that. He coughed to hide the smile at the corny line but understood what he was doing. "I don't believe in heaven or hell," he said. "No one around here really does."

Taehyung chuckled but he surely noticed that smile. "Oh well, you can fall from heaven, or the sky, from a tree, even from a portal connecting to a parallel universe," Taehyung said and Jeongguk snorted at that. He finished, "but the best way to fall is in love with me."

"Hmm, real smooth," Jeongguk commented not trying to hold back his grin anymore.

"Thanks."

"What? Is that all you got?"

Taehyung shook his head with a smirk dancing on his lips. "They say Disneyland is the happiest place on Earth. Well apparently, no one has ever been standing next to you."