Chapter 5

Soo Jung POV

I was up next. I went in and auditioned. I had stopped crying although my face looked puffy. "Annyeonghasaeyo, I'm Number 115, Jung Soo Jung-ibnida. I am going to sing 사랑하지마 which was composed by my best friend. He told me that he was going to do a duet and I thought he was going to sing it with me but he was going to sing it with his girlfriend for this audition."

"Oh, that must be saddening. Alright, you can start whenever you are ready" Yang Hyun Suk said, the owner of MiXx Ent.

"Itji mayo, gieokhaeyo, naega isseosseumeul..." Tears were dripping down my beautiful face as I sang the last line.

I finished the song, and wiped my tears. I was sad. Yang Hyun Suk, better known as YG, said that I passed while clapping. He was impressed, and it was very rare of him to smile. Even though I sang in the perspective of a male, I passed the message of the song perfectly. I thanked the judges and went out while wiping my tears. I saw Seungyoon through my hair which was covering my face and walked away quickly.

Seung Yoon POV

It was our turn next. I stood up with Cathy, and went in. We gave our introductions and started singing 사랑하디마. "So this is the bastard who left his best friend to sing this song with his girlfriend." JYP, the co-owner of MiXx Ent said. "Eh? What?" "Nevermind, it's nothing." "I'm sorry but only Kang Seung Yoon is accepted. Good job Kang Seung Yoon for being accepted." Yang Hyun Suk said. We thanked them and went out. "YES! I'm finally accepted!" "Yah, you should be comforting me instead of cheering for yourself. What a boyfriend, we're breaking up. Selfish bastard, leaving your best friend for me, just for a duet. Thanks for your money. Goodbye."

"Cathy-yah, no. Please don't break up with me. I beg of you." "Shut up. You're so selfish. I want to break up and you want to cling onto me? I don't want you anymore. Stupid." No.....I lost both my best friend and my girlfriend. This is the worst day of my life.

- A few hours later-

I'm at home now laying down on my bed. I wasn't over Cathy yet. But Soojung-ie, she will forgive me right?

-The Next Day @ school-

I was still upset over the breakup. I was lazing around in class. She's avoiding me. I guess she doesn't want me too. I'm such a bastard. I left my best friend hanging. I was staring at her while the teacher was teaching. Luckily it wasn't Mino, or I would be dead by now.

Days have passed, she's still avoiding me. I was over Cathy but Soojung, I can't seem to let go of her. Everytime it was lunchbreak, she would go to the toilet and eat her food there. She was back to getting bullied. I heard her crying in one of the stalls while I was waiting for Jinwoo to get out of the restroom. She probably despises me now. Is this what you call heart-pain? I miss her, I miss her being by my side. I guess I do like her. But she hates me. What do I do? "Hey, did you guys have a fight?" "Jinwoo, it's complicated but I guess you could say it was something like that."

Soo Jung POV

I hate him. I despise him. He made my life more miserable now. But I love him. What do I do? I keep getting bullied now that I lost him. "What are you going to do? You don't have anyone now," she said splashing a bucket of water over me. They laughed. I went out back to class after lunch. People laughed at me except him, he stared at me. He took his jacket and put it over me, and was going to escort me to my seat, asking if I was fine. "Do you think I'm fine? Do I look like I am? You didn't even bother protecting me from those girls. Why do you even care now? Go back to your Cathy. You and I have nothing to do with each other now. BASTARD! JERK! YOU'RE NO LONGER MY BEST FRIEND. YOU'RE A STRANGER TO ME. DON'T EVEN COME CLOSE TO ME. BYE FOREVER!" I bursted out crying and threw his jacket away. I took my bag, threw my glasses away in the bin, took out my hair tie and went out, skipping my classes until the end of school. I had no friends. WINNER was my only friends. I lost everything. I went to the club I frequented, and drank alcohol till late night. I forgot to mention that I had an older brother, Jung Taek Woon. He was the owner of the club, was married to Kim Ji Soo and left home. I was left alone in the house with my parents. He brought me home and rang the doorbell.

"Mom, Dad, open the door! Soojung's drunk!" They opened the door and he layed me down in my bedroom. Taekwoon explained what he knew had happened to our parents.

-Tuesday-

I woke up, feeling light-headed. My mom made hangover soup for me. I went and ate it all up.

I went back to my room and decided to start a new life in school. I will give up my nerdy image. I will change myself. I put on some light makeup, wore my school uniform, leaving a button open. I didn't bother tying my hair since I would look like a nerd doing so. Thank god my school didn't have the rule of tying your hair. I took my bag, dumping everything out. I just took some exercise books, sketchbooks, and my new spiky black pencil case, with some pencils and an eraser, that I had never used when I bought it last summer. I went to school late because I was too busy finding where my phone was. I took my headset, played some music and walked to school, missing the first hour of school. I climbed the closed gates, went to class. I opened the door, revealing my classmates who were talking since a while ago, after the teacher left. They were shocked as they saw a girl they have never seen before, when they actually had. "Hi, what's your name? You're cute!" Seunghoon asked. "Oh, you didn't know? It's Jung Soo Jung." "Oh my god. That's unbelievable."

Seung Yoon POV

"Hahaha that's a good joke, Jinwoo!" I laughed at him. "Hey, look at that, you know who she is? She's pretty! Oh my god, she's walking our way!!!" Taehyun said to Jinwoo and I. I turned to the direction he was pointing at.

"Jung...Soo...Jung......." I stood up from my desk. "WHAAAT? DID YOU JUST SAY???" the class responded to me. "I thought I clearly said not to talk to me. Or did you not get that, nerd?" I covered her mouth and pulled her outside. "Why did you say that?" "Well, you never said I couldn't reveal that you were actually a nerd." She said loud enough for our class to hear from inside.

"I thought we promised to keep the secret!" I yelled "Excuse me, you broke the promise. THAT FUCKING DAY, you left me for Cathy, that was it. We promised to be best friends to keep the secret but you broke it. So why do you even care?" She yelled back at me. "Ugh, whatever." I went back to class and sat down.

Class started and it was Maths yet again. Another 2 periods of hell. "Seungyoon-ah, what is the sum of 20x + x(23x)?" "Shut up MINO. Everyone found out I'm a nerd thanks to Soo. And the answer's 43x." "It's correct but where's your manners?" "You're just 1 year older than me. PABO."

"YAH! WHY MUST YOU SAY THAT? Now my cover is busted. " The class was once again, shocked for the 3rd time. Their teacher wasn't much older! Just the difference of a year. *Kring Kring* "Bye-ru, Minho hyung." I went out of class taking Soojung's backpack and ran. Soojung chased me and got me. Oops. Wrong move. She had choked me. "AH, AH, AH!!!! Let go!" "Give me my bag, nerd." I gave it to her back. All my fans witnessed it. Oops. "Stop calling me a nerd. I admit I am one but I hate the word nerd. A bookworm is so much better." "Well then, you better stop your mischief." "Okay, but we need to talk. I'll go next door later after we get home and wash up." "What? NO!" "I've already been there like almost every day. And you reject me today? Well we could talk through the window since our rooms are next to each other" "That's so inconvienient. Okay, just this time then." "But I have the latest movies on my laptop? You sure you don't wanna watch it?" "WHAT? YOU HAVE THE LATEST MOVIES? OKAY, YOU CAN COME OVER ANYTIME BUT WITH YOUR LAPTOP." "Haha, I guess we're on good terms now? Let's go home." "Wait. I dare you to piggyback me home. I'm sleepy." "Okay....but how did your audition at MiXx go? I passed, how bout you?" "Me too.....I..." God, she's heavy. And my fans are giving us the weird look and some glared. Boys who like the new Soojung did that too. She fell asleep already. "Hey...."