35.5, five years.

'She still loves you Suna. I'd bet my whole career on it'

_________________________

As promised, Atsumu had helped y/n call and connect with as many of their old friends as they could, scheduling a meetup at y/n's house in Tokyo. It was the night before they were supposed to arrive, y/n was at home meticulously cleaning and organizing her things when she heard the doorbell ring.

'It's already 11pm who the hell??'

Y/n hastily removed her apron and dusted off her clothes before taking a peek at who it was. Light green eyes met blue as the door slowly creaked open and she stared, unable to speak.

"You cut your hair." He murmured, hesitantly reaching up to touch a strand but he pulled back last minute. 

He wore a simple pair of sweats and a T-shirt, backpack slung over his shoulder. His voice was a bit deeper and he had filled out quite a bit, his old deadpan now softened into a curious neutral expression but y/n recognized him all the same. 

He opened his mouth to say something but she reacted first. Y/n threw her arms around him and he hugged back immediately, she buried her face in the crook of his neck and swallowed the torrent of emotions inside her. They stood like that for a while, locked in their embrace before y/n finally lifted her head to face him.

"You've grown." She studied his face, not wanting to forget a single detail of it. 

Suna smiled softly and snorted, "Obviously, I was still a gangly teenager the last time you saw me."

"Where have you been?" Y/n asked once they settled down in her living room.

"I should be asking you that. You probably found out through that phone call last week that I still play for the Paper Mills." 

Y/n hummed, walking over to join Suna who gazed at the pictures on her wall. They ranged from her more recent pictures with the Jackals to older familiar photos. Suna's eyes settled on a framed picture of them walking to school together, the sun was rising and they were holding hands, looking away from each other despite the obvious blush. Akagi had secretly taken that photo when he saw them that morning and he had it printed for y/n before they graduated.

He felt y/n gently loop her arm through his exactly the way she used to and move her warm body closer, leaning her head against his shoulder. 

"Any girlfriends?" Y/n teased, but there was a slight edge in her tone.

"Hell no, do I look like a cheater to you?" 

"What do you mean?"

"Last I checked, I already had a girlfriend." Suna smirked down at her blushing face, it was a sight he missed dearly. 

Y/n brushed a speck of dust off the photo before turning away. Her heart was threatening to beat right through her rib cage.

"I thought you moved on, found someone else." She said. Suna walked up behind her and wrapped an arm around her waist, resting his head on her shoulder.

"I told you that I'd wait and I did, even when Ayano told me that you weren't coming back. You were at a tournament the day I graduated, I was watching you on TV wishing that you were here instead of halfway across the world. That year you were in Japan for the Olympics I was there too, I called out to you but you didn't notice me because you were talking to some other guy. It was pretty embarrassing when I found out later that he was just another fan." He took a deep breathe before continuing.