20, deadpan.

For the next few months, y/n was the happiest she had been in a long time. She passed her second year exams with flying colours, lightening her workload considerably so she could focus on her third year and graduate securely with the others. As promised, y/n got her opportunity to live out her last year of high school unbothered by  her fame. She also accepted the invite and joined the girls team for Japan's U-19s, training hard and often to prepare for a promising future.

Though slowly, Y/n's relationship with Suna also developed. Even though she was often away they stayed in touch as much as they could. Y/n would tell him about all the curious players she had met and teased him when he started looking jealous. They kept their relationship pretty lowkey as Suna wasn't a big fan of constantly being stared at by random students in the halls, which was something she respected. One thing y/n did learn, whenever Suna wanted something and she didn't pick up on his hints, he would just sit there, and deadpan at y/n until she understood.

He was doing that now, deadpanning y/n as she sat across from him, fretting over a math question. Unable to focus under his intense gaze, she sighed and looked up.

"Alright I can't take it anymore, what's with the legendary deadpan?"

He continued to deadpan at her, casually scrolling through his phone and leaning back on his chair. It was a Friday night, so y/n usually spent her time over at Suna's house because his parents weren't home. The first time y/n met his mom, she was quite surprised at how different she was in terms of personality. She had gushed about y/n until an embarrassed Suna rolled his eyes and dragged her up to the peace and quiet in his room.

"Remember how Atsumu fell out of a tree a while ago when he and the others were spying on us?"

Y/n laughed, fondly remembering the look on the blonde setter's face when he came crashing through the branches. "Yeah, that was funny. You know, Osamu still teases him about it."

Suna snorted, then resumed his deadpan. 

"Ok c'mon, I'm not telepathic. What's going on?" Y/n rolled her eyes and sipped her drink, he was such a big baby sometimes.

He walked over to where y/n sat and lifted her up onto the desk so they were eye level. Y/n could see the pink gathering on his face.

"Atsumu interrupted us last time." He deadpanned harder, a slight pout forming.

It took y/n a solid three seconds to get it. Oh, he wants a kiss, she thought, the blush making its appearance on her own cheeks. Up until now, they had only been casual in terms of physical contact, like hugs and holding hands.

Y/n laughed, 'He's so cute'. Smirking into his deadpan, she decided to tease him a little. Placing a hand on his shoulder, she traced her fingers up his neck until they cupped his cheek and leaned forward, feeling Suna's arms bring her closer. Y/n let the bottom of her lip brush the corner of his mouth when she suddenly pulled away, cackling internally at the incredibly irritated pout on his face.

"You did that on purpose." He accused, narrowing his light green eyes.

Y/n shrugged in mock innocence. "I have no idea what you're talking about."

She turned to finish that math problem when y/n felt a pair of hands grab her arms, forcing her to face the boy she had come to love so much. Suna's nose brushed against hers and he breathed on her lips,

"Don't tease me." He murmured, a slight growl in his tone.

'Ok that was hot as shit'  Y/n thought before looping her arms around his neck. "Fine."

Gently, y/n pressed her lips against Suna's and he cupped the back of her neck, keeping her there. Her lips were so soft, sweet from the tea she was drinking and Suna couldn't help but pull closer, lulled and addicted. Y/n locked her legs around his waist, pulling him towards her and closing the distance until they were completely pressed against each other, not a gap nor space parting the heat of the moment. Her fingers ran soothingly through his hair as his own hands ran themselves up her thighs and rested on her hips.

Y/n broke off first, gasping for air. Suna studied her face, tracing her freckles with his thumb like he always wanted to, her lips were a little swollen and her eyes were glazed and he just couldn't stop himself. Pulling her back in, their kiss deepened until it was almost aggressive, y/n lightly bit the bottom of his lip, sending a shudder through his body. Their hands intertwined briefly before Y/n felt herself being lifted from the desk and the sensation of falling until the mattress of Suna's bed met her back.

"I love you." Suna had his hands planted on either side of her head and his knees pinned her hips.

Y/n reached up and stroked his soft dark hair, "I love you too."

Suddenly, Y/n felt the weight pinning her down leave as Suna got off, lying on his back next to her and yawning widely. 

"So..are you going to finish that math homework or no?" He asked casually, the deadpan long gone after he got what he wanted.

Y/n glared at Suna, who grinned at her while he held her glare through the side of his eyes. She flopped down him, her sudden weight causing Suna to groan.

"Nope, I'm tired." 

He looked up at her, his bored expression masking the butterflies he felt whenever she teased him. Tossing y/n off, he turned so that his back was to her, his body shaking with the effort to not laugh out loud when he heard her huff.

Y/n sat up and slapped his arm, "You're so mean."

Suna laughed, "I have no idea what you're talking about." He replied in the same mocking tone she used.

Y/n smirked and crept closer, "Alright, bottom." She purred in his ear, Suna raised an eyebrow and looked back at her.

"Excuse me? You wanna say that again?" 

She snickered, stressing each syllable, "I said alright, b o t t o -"

Suna flipped over, pinning y/n underneath him and putting his lips up against her ear. She wriggled but he had her firmly planted down and his knees were locked against either side of her thighs.

"Say that again?" He challenged, his free hand snaking down the side of her torso. Goosebumps erupted wherever the tips of his fingers slowly, teasingly, danced across her skin through the thin fabric of her shirt. Their faces were close enough that she could feel the tip of his nose brush her own and the heat radiating from his skin.

Y/n didn't even get to formulate a response when he started tickling her, keeping her body pinned underneath his own so she had nowhere to run. A smug expression crossed his lips as he listened to her laugh until her sides ached and her breath came in staggered hiccups.

"I- I take it b-back!" She gasped, her back arching dangerously as she thrashed.

Suna finally stopped. He rolled onto his side, pulling y/n closer to himself and pressed his face into the back of her neck.

"That's what I thought." He murmured sleepily.