Chapter 22: Hopeless and Broken

Ian opens the drawer, with his one free hand. Inside of it...is a knife. An extremely...sharp...knife. "I'm ready....wish me good luck." "Fuck no. Are you fucking insane Ian?!" I exclaim, trying to hit the pills and knife out of his hand. Ian takes hold of a  kitchen knife in one hand, and in the other is the bottle of pills A very, very sharp kitchen knife. Don't do that baby.....don't ever do that....Please. I know what's to come. He closes the drawer."Goodnight," Ian whispers. "I-Ian." He takes the knife in hand and brings it to his wrist. Ian presses it against his skin, not enough so it bleeds or gives himself a cut...but he's on the edge of doing so. "IAN NO!" I yell, taking the knife in my own hand and trying to pull it away. It stays in his hand and he digs it into his arm. He winces in pain, but keeps the knife in place. "Please stop..." I cry out to him. He keeps dragging it across his skin, blood orbs appear and start rolling down his forearm. I keep trying to pull it away, but it doesn't work. Ian grabs the bottle of pills and swallows a few. I try and once get them away from his grasp...but it fails. He makes a few more cuts, then he swallows more pills. This pattern keeps repeating and repeating. My...my heart...it feels so...broken. I've never had this feeling in my chest before. This stinging in my eyes. I have to watch Ian die.He leans against the back of the bathtub, bleeding out and his eyes almost closed. "Is that...is that you?" Ian reaches his hand out towards me. "A-anthon...Anthony," Ian whispers. "I'm here, I'm here..." I whisper back, tears strolling down my cheeks. I take his outstretched hand and bring it to my cheek. Ian sighs. "I knew...I knew I wasn't c-crazy...How are you...disappearing and reappearing....?" "That doesn't matter right now Ian. There are more important issues to discuss." I sound a bit like Author right now...Somehow I don't feel so offended saying that about myself. "Ian....you're dying..." "I'm well aware," He responds, before coughing up some blood onto the floor. "Ian. I'll be there. I'll be here to save you....I promise." "I don't want to be s-saved..." Ian tells me, breathing deeply now. The broken face. I can feel it. Not Ian's...but my own. The one that Author recognized earlier. A hopless and broken expression that can only be described with so many words. "A-anthony..." "I love you..." "I-I love you t-t-tooo," His eyes close, but he continues breathing. "But I'm in love with you," I explain. "It's not the same thing and I just-" "I...." Ian trails off, letting out his final breath. "Ian?" I shake him around. His chest doesn't move up or down. I try and find his pulse...but I can't. He doesn't have one."IAN!" "Anthony...calm down," I hear Author from behind. I turn my head towards her. "He's...he's all....he's dead..." I cry out, swatting away the tears from my eyes. "I'm afraid your time is up. It's almost four 'o clock now..." Author tells me, sadly. "But...no....he...he can't. Ian's going to..." "I'm sorry." "IF YOU WERE ACTUALLY SORRY YOU WOULD DO SOMETHING!" I yell at the top of my lungs. God fucking dammit...I saw him die once...and I won't see it again. "I am."

(A/N) DUN. DUN. DUUUUUNNNNNN.

THE SUSPENSE

I'mma make this the new Will I Ever Matter to You. Is that okay?

No?

Welp.

Idk what ending to do still so yea