I stumble a little bit when I reach the doorway of our bedroom, holding onto the wall for support. Just walking down the hall felt like it was a mile-long stretch as I pushed as hard as I could for Alexei, even though my body just wants to collapse. 

I could hear his quiet cried before I could see him as I peeked around the corner. My sweet Alexei sat in the middle of our couch with his head in his hands as his body shook as his tears fell uncontrollably to the floor. 

Without saying a word or even making a squeak in the hardwood, I bend down in front of him and place my hands on his knees. He gasps when he's taken by surprise and looks up only to radiate the same painful energy. 

"Sorry," I croak as I speak to him for the first time in weeks and he shakes his head, pulling me to his lap as I wrapped my legs around him and buries his head into my shoulder. 

"Don't be sorry my love, please don't ever say that again. It's not your fault. None of this is," He says as he cradles me to his body and I weakly wrap my arms around him.

"Failure...mate," I manage to get out next but talking makes my throat hurt so I can't even speak a full sentence making me seem really stupid. 

"No, no, no, don't say that Waylon, you're not a failure," He says as he tiredly kisses my cheek and I'm so lightheaded I feel like I'm about to pass out and second. 

"You could never fail me, my love," he says but I know I've failed at taking care of him. Selfishly putting my own feelings above his needs when I shut out the world. Now I have to make up for it somehow.

"Wei, are you wearing pants?" Alexei asks as the nurse knocks on the door and I shake my head, blushing slightly. He quickly sweeps me up and takes me back to the bedroom, for which I'm glad since there's no way I'd be able to make the walk back. 

My possessive mate doesn't say it, but I know he doesn't want anyone to see me exposed except him and I'm okay with that, putting on a now loose pair of gray sweats that used to be tight on me. 

"Do you think you want to try eating?" Alexei asks as he lays me down on our bed where he's snuggled up beside me every night since I got out of the hospital. I nod a little bit and his smile makes my discomfort worth it as he goes to leave the room.

"I'll be right back baby!" he tries but I whimper slightly, unable to think of being in a room without him right now. I know he hears me but chooses to ignore it as he goes to let the nurse in and I don't see him for what feels like forever. 

"Good morning Lunos," My nurse says as he walks into the bedroom and sets his things down at the bottom of the bed. He looks to my alpha first for permission before he touches my forehead. 

"The fever is gone so that's good, hows the pain today?" He asks and I put up two fingers. The boy smiles and takes it as a win for the day before having me step on the little scale in front of him. 

"You currently weight 97lbs Waylon, you should be at least 130lbs, so we have to get your weight up. Otherwise, when your first heat comes in a month or so, you will be unable to carry any pups or cubs and there will be a very high chance of miscarriage." The nurse warns and Alexei settles a small tray at the bottom of my bed with some juice, toast, and apple sauce. 

"Should we even go through his first heat? Or should we wait a year for the next one?" Alexei asks, completely unphased by the idea and the nurse nods to me. 

"It depends on how Lunos Waylon feels Alpha," the nurse says as he packs up his things and starts to walk out. 

"I'll come once every week instead of every other day. Call me if he's not eating enough and needs the feeding tube put back in but I want him to at least try to eat on his own," The nurse continues and I take a small breather, thankful to not have the uncomfortable tube stuck down my throat again.